Commission says intellectual property theft costs the United States more than $300 billion each year.WASHINGTON – A high-powered commission said Wednesday that intellectual property theft was costing the United States the equivalent of all its exports …
Author Archive | KCLink
Raytown officials have give a formal OK to bring Google Fiber to the city.
Centric Projects, a commercial general construction firm, and HighTower Group, a commercial furnishing company, will relocate around the end of July to the former Western Blue building at 1814 Main St.
The Big 12 baseball tournament, which starts Thursday, is usually Kansas State’s final opportunity to prove it is worthy of an invitation to the NCAA Tournament. Things are different this year. The Wildcats have something bigger to play for: a chance t…
A suit on behalf of a California Tea Party group filed by former U.S. attorney Todd Graves against the IRS could attract others.
Would be robber Martron E. Bailey, who pleaded guilty Wednesday, wore an orange construction helmet and left upon learning that someone watching a security monitor wouldn’t open the door to a Kansas City bank.
SAN FRANCISCO – Hewlett-Packard (IW 500/7) said Wednesday that its quarter profit was hit by a dramatic slump in sales of personal computers, while maintaining that its reorganization is making progress.The troubled but biggest maker of personal comput…
EnlargeBoeing Co.Boeing will start assembling its new Air Force refueling tanker next month.Boeing plans to lay down the first wing spar for the Air Force’s KC-46 tanker on June 26, with the first aircraft to fly early in in 2014.That’s the word from Jim Eisenhart, director of business development
CEO Sawhney says the pharmaceutical firm, which pleaded guilty to making and distributing adulterated drugs, ‘is a different company today’NEW DELHI – Indian generic giant Ranbaxy said Wednesday it has spent over $300 million to overhaul its operations and ensure no repeat of drug safety violations&
May 22, 2013, 11:35am HSTMichael Kamdar has been named president of Cellana Inc., a Hawaii-based developer of algae-based bioproducts for the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, fuel and animal feed industries, the company said Wednesday.Kamdar will be prim…
PPG Industries has made adjustments at two of its Polish facilities and is now making protective and marine coatings at Ostrow Wielkopolski, Poland.The plant, which was part of the company’s (NYSE: PPG) purchase of Dyrup A/S, used to make architectural…
NEW YORK U.S. industrial conglomerate General Electric (IW500/5) expects to spend about $6.7 billion in acquisitions through the rest of the year, GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt said Wednesday.In a presentation to analysts, Immelt noted the company had planned…
NEW YORK U.S. industrial conglomerate General Electric expects to spend about $2.4 billion in acquisitions through the rest of the year, GE Chief Executive Jeffrey Immelt said Wednesday.In a presentation to analysts, Immelt noted the company had plann…
The United States and Canadian women’s national teams will play a soccer friendly June 2 in Toronto — marking the meeting between the two countries since they played an instant-classic semifinal in the 2012 Olympics.
The scandals are interlocking and overlapping in ways that drain his authority. Everything he advocates requires Americans to lavish on government something his administration, and big government generally, undermines — trust.
The acting U.S. secretary of labor, Seth Harris, will be in Kansas City on Thursday to promote a White House proposal to raise the federal minimum wage.
EnlargeHouston is the U.S. market with the greatest need for engineers, a new study says.Houston was ranked as the No. 1 market in the U.S. with the highest demand for engineers, according to a new Monster Worldwide Inc. (NYSE: MWW) survey.Following Houston were San Jose, Calif.; San Diego, Calif.;&
Stocks closed lower on news that several Federal Reserve policymakers favored cutting back on stimulus programs as early as June if the economy continues to improve.
If there’s one player who has stood out for Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith during the team’s offseason program, it’s been slot receiver Dexter McCluster.
EnlargeBloombergIndia is America’s 11th-largest trading partner, but U.S. manufacturers are concerned that India is now favoring its own companies over foreign businesses.We’re used to U.S. manufacturers complaining about China’s trade practices; now c…
Baldor Electric Introduces Full Line Of ER-Style Ball BearingsWed, 05/22/2013 – 4:20pmBaldor Electric Company (Fort Smith, Ark.) has introduced its line of Dodge ER-Style ball bearings, which are available in two shaft attachment methods. The set screw version has a 65 set screw angle for&
EnlargeSummer ClassicsBew White, owner of Summer Classics Inc., plans to move the company’s headquarters to Pelham from Montevallo.The Pelham City Council has unanimously approved Summer Classic Inc.’s $3 million offer for 32 acres, including the former Moore-Handley property, according to a news
EnlargeD.L. / Flickr cc-licensedDimo’s Pizza serves various types of slices, including a mac ‘n cheese slice, and makes the list of most interesting mac ‘n cheese dishes.Staff Chicago Business Journal
Business assets related to Elvis Presley and Muhammad Ali are going on sale.
EnlargeBusiness First File Photo | Ron BathNeville Blakemore is shown with some of the products produced by Great Northern Building Products.Two Louisville companies were included on a list of 100 fast-growing, inner-city businesses.This year’s Inner City 100 list, compiled by the Initiative for a
Brad Korn will leave his job as director of basketball operations at Kansas State to become an assistant coach on Paul Lusk’s staff at Missouri State.
EnlargeAs part of a corporate restructuring and job consolidation at Mattel Inc., the toymaker will be reassigning jobs and making select layoffs at Fisher-Price by mid-October.In total, around 100 workers from the company’s East Aurora and New York ci…
EnlargeFile photoPercuVision founder Dr. Errol Singh will move with his staff to Ennovea’s offices following the company’s investment.Columbus manufacturer Ennovea is expanding its medical device expertise by taking a stake in Westerville-based PercuVi…
EnlargeCambridge Major is a provider of intermediates and ingredients for pharmaceutical manufacturers.Cambridge Major Laboratories Inc. this month is unveiling its expanded active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturing facility in Germantown.The expansion, which The Business Journal reported in
- (202237) US Report Urges Action on ‘Unprecedented’ IP Theft. May 22, 2013
- Raytown OKs deal to bring Google Fiber May 22, 2013
- Centric Projects, HighTower Group to relocate to Main Street building in Crossroads District May 22, 2013
- K-State baseball wants to prove it’s worthy of a high NCAA Tournament seed May 22, 2013
- Graves files Tea Party lawsuit against IRS May 22, 2013
- How not to rob a bank May 22, 2013
- (202233) Hewlett-Packard’s Q2 Profit Slumps Amid Global Downturn in PC Sales. May 22, 2013
- (202215) Boeing to start assembling Air Force tanker June 26. May 22, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- (200487) For ESCO, good things come in threes. May 17, 2013
- Melissa Heisler: Taking care of your health is first and foremost. ...
- Holly Hicks: Ivor, thank you so much. The founder of ESCO would...
- Holly Hicks: Melissa, thank you for your kind words. We started...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation President Calvin Collins states t...
- Sasi kumar: Paint Booths find application in industry vertical...
- Melissa Heisler: Holly I am so sorry for what you and your husband ...
- Ivor Kellock: Holly this is a terrible story & I am deeply s...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation Senior Vice President Jon Owens -...
- Generational Change in the Family Business
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- (202237) US Report Urges Action on 'Unprecedented' IP Theft.
- (202233) Hewlett-Packard's Q2 Profit Slumps Amid Global Downturn in PC Sales.
- (202215) Boeing to start assembling Air Force tanker June 26.
- (202228) Generic Drug Manufacturer Ranbaxy Spends $300 Million to Improve Safety.
- (202211) Michael Kamdar named president of Hawaii-based Cellana Inc..
- (202212) PPG Industries adjusts what its Polish factories make.
- (202210) GE Forecasts $6.7 Billion in Acquisitions by Year's End.
- (202234) GE Forecasts $2.4 Billion in Acquisitions Through Remainder of Year.
- (202188) Houston a top market for engineering jobs.
- (202189) India might be America's next big trade problem.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray email@example.com