Are you experiencing confusion, uncertainty, and stress as you seek new clarity of purpose? Looking for a way to get a new perspective, lift your spirits and enjoy the journey more? Consider an unexpected source of enlightenment: HUMOR. Listen to our conversation with Jollytologist, Allen Klein – author of Mom’s the Word and The Art of Living Joyfully at [...]
Archive | Author RSS feed for this section
Is purpose a burning question for you currently? Are you seeking to go beyond the surface and live from the depth of your Soul? “You were born with everything you need to create the life of your dreams and live your soul’s purpose.” Says Shellie Nelson, our guest on this week’s episode of the On [...]
It’s been said that learning new things keeps the brain young and helps keep life interesting. Well one day last week I mentioned having a taste for German chocolate cake (my favorite), what’s yours? To which Cathy replied, “The box is in the cabinet.” I didn’t realize we already had the ingredients needed to give [...]
Are you experiencing confusion, uncertainty, and stress as you seek new clarity of purpose? Looking for a way to get a new perspective, lift your spirits and enjoy the journey more? Consider an unexpected source of enlightenment: HUMOR. This weeks guest with Susyn Reeve and Rikk Hansen on the On Purpose radio show is jollytologist, [...]
My day began yesterday as a typical Sunday. I watched a morning news show and one piece that stuck with me was a discussion about the value of racial profiling when it came to identifying terror suspects. This just didn’t sit right with me. Alas, I carried on with my day. When I discovered how beautiful [...]
I’d be surprised if you weren’t aware of the recent tragedy in Boston, the flooding in the midwest as well as other crisis around the world. With the privilege of a 24 hour drama loving media it is easier than ever to accentuate the negative. I live in a rural area of Illinois and watched [...]
Join On Purpose Show co-hosts Susyn Reeve & Rikk Hansen on Thursday, May 2, 2013 Noon Central for a stimulating conversation with Carole Brody Fleet, best-selling author and Books for a Better Life Award finalist for, Happily EVEN After: A Guide to Getting Through (and Beyond!) the Grief of Widowhood. Join us for a stimulating [...]
Is fear blocking you from discovering you LifeWork purpose? What if fear was actually a call for you to explore and discover your purpose, would you answer the call? Listen to our inspiring conversation with Davina Kotulski: Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment at: http://bit.ly/0425Davina Davina Kotulski, PH.D., is a psychologist, life coach and [...]
“Fear is a Liar” Fears, we all seem to have them, don’t we? Most of the fears we have aren’t real. They are silly movies we play in our minds over and over again, making them worse and worse. They are usually things that have already happened from our past that we wished we had [...]
What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail? Or it no longer mattered what other people thought? Is there a book in you waiting to be born? Or a message you care deeply about and feel heeds to be shared? “Living an authentic life means standing firm in our dreams! It means not [...]
“Sometimes in relationships you just have to compromise.” You’ve heard that one before right? I had that conversation with a few parents recently and a pattern emerged. They were describing compromise, frustration and at times exhaustion as they recounted outings with their children that were intended to be enjoyable. As we dug deeper we discovered [...]
My youngest son Connor was showing off his math ability the other day by telling me that 10 + 5 = 15 and so on. My response to Cathy was, “Yep, that’s what my calculator says too.” The reality is that it wasn’t a joke. It’s no secret in my family that my math skills [...]
In our increasingly automated, drive through world the experience of customer service is a dying art. More often these days we’re asked “Do you want fries with that?” by someone stuck in a scripted hamster wheel hell. At our local grocery store we hear the same questions each and every time, “Did you find everything [...]
SURVIVAL OF THE FASTEST Infor says speed is a competitive weapon. Why? We believe that speed—not just scale—is the new basis for competition. It’s no longer about how big a company is; it’s about how fast you can execute. You may never be able to out-scale a competitor, but you [...]
I had an interesting conversation this weekend with a group of parents and educators. We discussed the consequences of parents rescuing their children so much that they raise their children to be helpless. One person remarked that parents need to give themselves permission to allow their children to fail. I took it a step further [...]
By the reckoning of some I am a failure. Why? Simply because I use accommodations in my every day life. I use a Kindle Fire HD to read books to me, and a text to voice feature on my computer to read my email. I take medication for my ADHD without which I’d be mentally [...]
Do you know someone who expects you to read his mind and then gets mad at you when you repeatedly fail to do so? Yeah, me too. So what do you do with a person like this? Here’s a quick suggestion. Keep in mind that people in general are socialized to use a lot of [...]
Too often people wait until they receive the approval of a parent, teacher, coworker or friend before allowing themselves to feel that they have done well. This is an unfortunate habit in that it is essentially waiting for permission to feel successful. I suspect we get into this pattern due to the seeking of approval [...]
The moment after you take your first breath you have a past. Then comes the day you begin judging the quality of your experiences. Far too often unfortunately, the judgment made is that more moments than not are remembered as, “Not good enough.” The greatest power we have is the ability to assign whatever meaning [...]
A colleague of mine (Sarah Victory) once said, “I think 10% of the people on the planet were put here just to be offended.” Its amazing how many of my fellow human beings seem to walk around looking for their buttons to be pushed. Do you know anyone like this? I know fewer and fewer [...]
Small Business Building with Dr. Pete from Boston Transitioning American Veterans from Military Life to Higher Education Listen at – Transitioning American Veterans with Dr. Pete from Boston Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – Small Business Building with Dr. Pete from Boston By – Mike Boehler Join Dr. Pete as he discusses Transitioning American Veterans. [...]
People can be so competitive can’t they? Some always shoving to be first in line. People who want to be right, every single time. These firsts can be pretty lonely. The firsts that really matter Who was the first person you thought of this morning? Was it someone who upsets you, or someone you love? Your [...]
CAM LEMMON – GOT LEMONS? MAKE “LEMMONAIDE” AND IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE AND ROI Cam Lemmon interviews Sharyn Abbott, Author, Speaker, Trainer, and entrepreneur. Friday 02/01/2013 at 10 am (CT) Listen live at - CAM LEMMON interviews Sharyn Abbott Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – Cam Lemmon talk radio podcast Join Cam on Friday morning, February [...]
Small Business Building with Dr. Pete from Boston Leader’s Number One Responsibility is to Make Other Leaders! Listen at – Leadership & Change with Dr. Pete from Boston Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – Small Business Building with Dr. Pete from Boston By – Mike Boehler Join Dr. Pete, Friday, 01/25/13 at 11:30 am, as he [...]
- Walking to raise money, awareness about heart disease May 18, 2013
- Kansas man sent to prison for accident that killed teen May 18, 2013
- KC Symphony creates elegant evening of music at Helzberg Hall May 18, 2013
- +++Liveticker: ESC in Malmö+++: Jetzt wird’s schrill May 18, 2013
- Hearts broken over girl killed in Cass County wreck May 18, 2013
- Red carpet at Cannes Film Festival showcases celebrity fashion May 18, 2013
- Fußball-Bundesliga: Kießling sichert sich die Torjägerkanone May 18, 2013
- Autor von “Euthanasie im NS-Staat”: Historiker Ernst Klee ist tot May 18, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- 4th Annual AASU Scholarship Dinner March 1, 2012
- Jameson Donaghy: 16 is legal in Kansas, but this is a sodomy charge...
- Cody Travis: I am sure this new agreement will be beneficial fo...
- The Quality Race .: http://ebayastore.blogspot.com...
- Edea Krammer: That’s ok atleast they are not that harmful like...
- Siddharth Mathur: Now days people hire mobile application developers...
- Milton Berger: I think it is my duty to share the experience I ha...
- Valerie Brothers VanBooven: You should visit http://www.HelpforAgingVeterans.c...
- balukh: I wanted to thank you for this worth while read!! ...
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- Coaching & Professional Development
- (200555) Rolling with Seattle's biking execs: Alan Elser of GM Nameplate.
- (200515) New president, downtown store for LaCrosse.
- (200512) Medtronic's Q4 earnings: 3 things to watch.
- (200513) Apple, Senate Panel Gear Up for an Offshore Tax Showdown.
- (200508) Airbus, Boeing, will battle for PR at Paris Air Show.
- (200509) Harley-Davison cuts Kansas City workforce by 140.
- (200495) California adds fewer jobs in April.
- (200496) Melitta upgrades South Jersey facility.
- (200493) HSM names Greulich new vice president of innovation, technology.
- (200494) Seven projects recommended for funding, to create 281 jobs.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray firstname.lastname@example.org