I had a meltdown yesterday. They don’t happen often these days but when they happen they happen big. In my younger days I would have screamed and said horrible, hurtful things. These days, I collapse into tears, like yesterday. The reality is that each day is very hard for me. My ADHD and Dyslexia are [...]
Archive | BKing RSS feed for this section
In our increasingly automated, drive through world the experience of customer service is a dying art. More often these days we’re asked “Do you want fries with that?” by someone stuck in a scripted hamster wheel hell. At our local grocery store we hear the same questions each and every time, “Did you find everything [...]
I had an interesting conversation this weekend with a group of parents and educators. We discussed the consequences of parents rescuing their children so much that they raise their children to be helpless. One person remarked that parents need to give themselves permission to allow their children to fail. I took it a step further [...]
By the reckoning of some I am a failure. Why? Simply because I use accommodations in my every day life. I use a Kindle Fire HD to read books to me, and a text to voice feature on my computer to read my email. I take medication for my ADHD without which I’d be mentally [...]
Do you know someone who expects you to read his mind and then gets mad at you when you repeatedly fail to do so? Yeah, me too. So what do you do with a person like this? Here’s a quick suggestion. Keep in mind that people in general are socialized to use a lot of [...]
I have been told by many that I have the patience of a saint. I’ll let you in on a secret, it isn’t patience. It is simply one of the most profound strategies for setting boundaries that I’ve ever learned. I learned this strategy in one of my favorite stories about the Buddha. It was [...]
Too often people wait until they receive the approval of a parent, teacher, coworker or friend before allowing themselves to feel that they have done well. This is an unfortunate habit in that it is essentially waiting for permission to feel successful. I suspect we get into this pattern due to the seeking of approval [...]
The moment after you take your first breath you have a past. Then comes the day you begin judging the quality of your experiences. Far too often unfortunately, the judgment made is that more moments than not are remembered as, “Not good enough.” The greatest power we have is the ability to assign whatever meaning [...]
A colleague of mine (Sarah Victory) once said, “I think 10% of the people on the planet were put here just to be offended.” Its amazing how many of my fellow human beings seem to walk around looking for their buttons to be pushed. Do you know anyone like this? I know fewer and fewer [...]
People can be so competitive can’t they? Some always shoving to be first in line. People who want to be right, every single time. These firsts can be pretty lonely. The firsts that really matter Who was the first person you thought of this morning? Was it someone who upsets you, or someone you love? Your [...]
Have you noticed the various pictures posted around the internet with themes of unconditional acceptance? Pictures that include statements such as “Accept me exactly the way I am” or “I’m perfect just the way I am.” Depending on how you read those statements they can be taken to mean at least one of three things: [...]
If you have ever raised a teenager you know what a hormone fueled, supercharged rollercoaster ride of emotional reactivity it can be. Now throw in autism or another developmental challenge and it’s like giving a pyromaniac a box of matches to play with in a room full of high explosives. My then 13 year old [...]
- (201633) Precise Flow Measurements On Small Pipelines. May 21, 2013
- (201620) State of Davidson: An education focus as megapark moves forward. May 21, 2013
- (201621) Auto supplier G-Tekt to expand in West Jefferson, adding 23 jobs. May 21, 2013
- Lessons in life grow on urban farm May 21, 2013
- (201604) ESCO scraps its IPO plans. May 21, 2013
- Cannes Film Festival: Cameras capture stars, fashion May 21, 2013
- (201607) Equipment Lease Finance Industry Confidence Improves In May. May 21, 2013
- (201608) Manufacturing Gangnam Style. May 21, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- 4th Annual AASU Scholarship Dinner March 1, 2012
- Sasi kumar: Paint Booths find application in industry vertical...
- Melissa Heisler: Holly I am so sorry for what you and your husband ...
- Ivor Kellock: Holly this is a terrible story & I am deeply s...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation Senior Vice President Jon Owens -...
- Jameson Donaghy: 16 is legal in Kansas, but this is a sodomy charge...
- Cody Travis: I am sure this new agreement will be beneficial fo...
- The Quality Race .: http://ebayastore.blogspot.com...
- Edea Krammer: That’s ok atleast they are not that harmful like...
- Generational Change in the Family Business
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- (201633) Precise Flow Measurements On Small Pipelines.
- (201620) State of Davidson: An education focus as megapark moves forward.
- (201621) Auto supplier G-Tekt to expand in West Jefferson, adding 23 jobs.
- (201604) ESCO scraps its IPO plans.
- (201607) Equipment Lease Finance Industry Confidence Improves In May.
- (201608) Manufacturing Gangnam Style.
- (201617) Business Aviation Still Waiting Recovery to Find Its Wings.
- (201588) Germany's SAP To Recruit Tech Staff With Autism.
- (201571) Medtronic eliminating jobs... stock jumps on strong sales results.
- (201572) Revamped: A look inside Booz Allen Hamilton.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray firstname.lastname@example.org