During his 27 years in local government, Bobbie Shields has worked with little fanfare on some of Mecklenburg County?s most significant projects, including the new uptown baseball stadium and the…Click to Continue »
Archive | Charlotte RSS feed for this section
Anthony Foxx appears to have a clear path to confirmation as U.S. transportation secretary next week, as virtually all of his 16 predecessors have.Click to Continue »
Even without a law being passed to transfer control of Charlotte?s airport to an independent authority, supporters of that idea seem poised to win many of the changes they want,Click to Continue »
State officials are investigating Charlotte nonprofit Transformation Center of the Carolinas after an audit revealed its director spent more than $70,000 in state funding for personal use while neglecting to…Click to Continue »
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools is exploring changing its standard grading system to a 50-100 scale, raising concerns from parents and teachers.Click to Continue »
Mountain Island Elementary School is under lockdown Friday because of an active police scene near the campus.Click to Continue »
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police were called to Mathis Drive Friday morning after an assault between two men, one of whom had a gun.Click to Continue »
Charlotte residents would be better protected from homeowners associations if the General Assembly passes several key pieces of legislation, lawmakers said last week.Click to Continue »
Developers planning a new office tower uptown are hoping the project is just what Charlotte needs to lure another major company to the center city.Click to Continue »
Scrambling to hurdle a key deadline, state lawmakers approved roughly 180 bills this week, spending seconds on some and hours on others, often in marathon sessions that left them confused…Click to Continue »
The Observer has learned that an investigator from the U.S. Department of Labor interviewed current and former county commissioners this week about whether the county exercises any oversight of Carolinas…Click to Continue »
Sam Walker, accused in the beating and shooting death of K.C. Curry last fall, will testify for the prosecution in return for a lesser charge; four of his friends face…Click to Continue »
President Barack Obama picked a senior White House budget official to become the acting head of the Internal Revenue Service on Thursday, the same day another top official announced plans…Click to Continue »
A Superior Court judge has dismissed a driving while impaired charge against former Charlotte Regional Visitors’ Association CEO Tim Newman.
Interim County Manager Bobby Shields has named a new director for Mecklenburg?s Department of Social Services.Click to Continue »
About the only thing that proponents and opponents of tougher gun measures in the N.C. General Assembly agree on is this: The current permitting system isn?t working.Click to Continue »
The tax plan set to be released Thursday would reduce personal and corporate income tax rates and expand the sales tax to cover more services. But the proposal’s scope is…
An off-duty police detective working at a SouthPark-area movie theater accidentally shot himself in the leg Wednesday night.Click to Continue »
The city of Charlotte’s $816 million capital program still appears to be on track. But there is a movement on the City Council for a smaller property tax increase to…
The city of Charlotte plans to speed up construction of a sidewalk where two children were killed along West Tyvola Road. The project will be complete in June 2014 instead…Click to Continue »
A bill in the N.C. House would allow employers to exclude coverage for contraceptives, ban abortion coverage in the state health exchange, and prohibit cities and counties from offering abortion…Click to Continue »
Officials are working to fix a pump at the Catawba Nuclear Station that has leaked more than 100 gallons of water with traces of tritium, a radioactive isotope of hydrogen,Click to Continue »
Charlotte-based Belk Inc. found itself in the middle of an online battle between political partisans this week, when an ad featuring the company ran on conservative talk show host Rush…Click to Continue »
A former foster parent in Spencer has been charged with eight sex crimes against children, and investigators in Spencer are asking people who believe they were victimized to come forward.Click to Continue »
A special police unit that apprehends violent criminals has arrested a third suspect in connection with a multi-county crime spree that started with a robbery in University City last week.Click to Continue »
An NC Senate bill would strike down local rules governing where people can smoke on public property.Click to Continue »
The man who said he found 27-year-old Jason Burleson murdered, tied up and duct-taped in a Stanly County home claimed Burleson’s house was ransacked and that it appeared Burleson suffocated…
For the second time in six years, a southeast Charlotte abortion clinic has reopened a short time after the state forced it to shut down because of safety issues, most…Click to Continue »
- When Life Doesn’t Go As Planned: Persevere with Dr. James Perdue & Be Prepared on Insurance Needs with George Patterson May 18, 2013
- Olathe East runs roughshod through Class 6A track regional May 18, 2013
- Exotic Driving Experience at Kansas Speedway lives up to its billing May 18, 2013
- Kansas State takes Big 12 baseball title May 18, 2013
- Royals again offer little support for Shields in 2-1 loss to A’s May 18, 2013
- Royals again offer little support for Shields in 2-1 loss to A’s May 17, 2013
- Kansas State takes Big 12 baseball title May 17, 2013
- Kansas bill gags all gun lobbying May 17, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- 4th Annual AASU Scholarship Dinner March 1, 2012
- Jameson Donaghy: 16 is legal in Kansas, but this is a sodomy charge...
- Cody Travis: I am sure this new agreement will be beneficial fo...
- The Quality Race .: http://ebayastore.blogspot.com...
- Edea Krammer: That’s ok atleast they are not that harmful like...
- Siddharth Mathur: Now days people hire mobile application developers...
- Milton Berger: I think it is my duty to share the experience I ha...
- Valerie Brothers VanBooven: You should visit http://www.HelpforAgingVeterans.c...
- balukh: I wanted to thank you for this worth while read!! ...
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- Coaching & Professional Development
- (200555) Rolling with Seattle's biking execs: Alan Elser of GM Nameplate.
- (200515) New president, downtown store for LaCrosse.
- (200512) Medtronic's Q4 earnings: 3 things to watch.
- (200513) Apple, Senate Panel Gear Up for an Offshore Tax Showdown.
- (200508) Airbus, Boeing, will battle for PR at Paris Air Show.
- (200509) Harley-Davison cuts Kansas City workforce by 140.
- (200495) California adds fewer jobs in April.
- (200496) Melitta upgrades South Jersey facility.
- (200493) HSM names Greulich new vice president of innovation, technology.
- (200494) Seven projects recommended for funding, to create 281 jobs.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray email@example.com