Have you ever taken a walk? Then in the course of that walk you suddenly tripped. It’s happened to us all right? Well in that moment did you curse your maker and vow to never walk again? Of course not. When out of several hundred steps a single one turns into a stumble it doesn’t [...]
Archive | Columnist RSS feed for this section
I’m obsessed with the Chicago Cubs baseball team. This statement might seem odd since I’ve never seen them play and I don’t follow sports. Technically, it’s not the game that fascinates me, it’s the curse. In the 1934, tavern owner Billy Sianis adopted a baby goat (Murphy) that fell off a truck in front of [...]
Are you experiencing confusion, uncertainty, and stress as you seek new clarity of purpose? Looking for a way to get a new perspective, lift your spirits and enjoy the journey more? Consider an unexpected source of enlightenment: HUMOR. Listen to our conversation with Jollytologist, Allen Klein – author of Mom’s the Word and The Art of Living Joyfully at [...]
Is purpose a burning question for you currently? Are you seeking to go beyond the surface and live from the depth of your Soul? “You were born with everything you need to create the life of your dreams and live your soul’s purpose.” Says Shellie Nelson, our guest on this week’s episode of the On [...]
It’s been said that learning new things keeps the brain young and helps keep life interesting. Well one day last week I mentioned having a taste for German chocolate cake (my favorite), what’s yours? To which Cathy replied, “The box is in the cabinet.” I didn’t realize we already had the ingredients needed to give [...]
Are you experiencing confusion, uncertainty, and stress as you seek new clarity of purpose? Looking for a way to get a new perspective, lift your spirits and enjoy the journey more? Consider an unexpected source of enlightenment: HUMOR. This weeks guest with Susyn Reeve and Rikk Hansen on the On Purpose radio show is jollytologist, [...]
Soon the East Coast is going to be overrun with billions of 17-year cicadas. It’s a colossal event of biblical proportions. I know, because the western suburbs of Chicago went through the same thing 5 years ago. It’s one of the most fascinating experiences of my life. Normally, I’m squeamish about being outnumbered by creatures [...]
My day began yesterday as a typical Sunday. I watched a morning news show and one piece that stuck with me was a discussion about the value of racial profiling when it came to identifying terror suspects. This just didn’t sit right with me. Alas, I carried on with my day. When I discovered how beautiful [...]
The other day my exercise class was full of new people. Someone was standing where Nancy normally stands, so she was forced to move into a new spot in front of me. Shelly, our instructor, was telling stories. (Somehow she’s able to lead the class, breathe and talk all at the same time. It’s amazing!) One [...]
Have you been hitting your head against a wall with some large life problem or issue? Money issues, relationship problems, mental and physical suffering… Looking for a new way forward? Sometimes on the way to lifework purpose we feel really STUCK. And this doesn’t necessarily mean we’re off track… Join us Thursday, May 9th at [...]
I’d be surprised if you weren’t aware of the recent tragedy in Boston, the flooding in the midwest as well as other crisis around the world. With the privilege of a 24 hour drama loving media it is easier than ever to accentuate the negative. I live in a rural area of Illinois and watched [...]
Saying that scientists have made a discovery always lends a certain amount of credibility, no matter how ridiculous the revelation. It’s been reported that Italian scientists discovered the gate to Hell – literally – in Turkey (the country not the bird). Known as Pluto’s Gate, this is the genuine portal to the underworld. Pluto’s Gate (Source: hurriyetdailynews.com) [...]
Is fear blocking you from discovering you LifeWork purpose? What if fear was actually a call for you to explore and discover your purpose, would you answer the call? Listen to our inspiring conversation with Davina Kotulski: Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment at: http://bit.ly/0425Davina Davina Kotulski, PH.D., is a psychologist, life coach and [...]
Have you ever faced a situation in which any decision you made could be a bad one? I experienced this recently with a new consulting assignment. I was excited to get the work. It was a new client and my performance could send more work my way. I’d prepared for the first meeting, was confident [...]
“Fear is a Liar” Fears, we all seem to have them, don’t we? Most of the fears we have aren’t real. They are silly movies we play in our minds over and over again, making them worse and worse. They are usually things that have already happened from our past that we wished we had [...]
What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail? Or it no longer mattered what other people thought? Is there a book in you waiting to be born? Or a message you care deeply about and feel heeds to be shared? “Living an authentic life means standing firm in our dreams! It means not [...]
“Sometimes in relationships you just have to compromise.” You’ve heard that one before right? I had that conversation with a few parents recently and a pattern emerged. They were describing compromise, frustration and at times exhaustion as they recounted outings with their children that were intended to be enjoyable. As we dug deeper we discovered [...]
Do you have a dream that sparks your passion, but you worry that it’s too late? This week on the On Purpose Radio Show Susyn Reeve and Rikk Hansen interview Melinda Lee, the creator of the Sexy Over 50 Book Series. After turning 50 Melinda left her executive position in the corporate world to begin [...]
Fractured Cliché: Ignoring the white elephant in the room Correct Cliché: Ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room To me there’s little material difference between these clichés. Imagine a white elephant or an 800-pound gorilla. Either would be hard to ignore. Something else that would be hard to ignore is two football fields, adjacent to [...]
My youngest son Connor was showing off his math ability the other day by telling me that 10 + 5 = 15 and so on. My response to Cathy was, “Yep, that’s what my calculator says too.” The reality is that it wasn’t a joke. It’s no secret in my family that my math skills [...]
Feel like there’s no time for anything anymore? Overwhelmed with tension and anxiety, even on your days off? This week on the On Purpose radio show Rikk Hansen and Susyn Reeve interview Adam Timm, a Stress Consultant, Meditation Coach, Award Winning Speaker, and Bestselling Author. Hear Adam’s own journey from stressed-out to on-purpose.(And as a [...]
Did you know that swearing can reduce pain? I mean when you swear not when someone swears at you. Researchers have learned that swearing, unlike other types of speech, uses brain circuitry that’s linked to emotion. Normal language comes from the outer layers of the brain’s left hemisphere whereas expletives are buried deep inside the right half. [...]
The other day I woke up feeling down. It was cold and overcast outside – no sun to brighten the spirits. Normally I’m upbeat so I decided that something would happen to make things better. Engaging in my normal morning routine, I realized we were about to miss the garbage pickup. Wearing only capri exercise [...]
SURVIVAL OF THE FASTEST Infor says speed is a competitive weapon. Why? We believe that speed—not just scale—is the new basis for competition. It’s no longer about how big a company is; it’s about how fast you can execute. You may never be able to out-scale a competitor, but you [...]
- Man charged in former girlfriend’s fatal stabbing May 24, 2013
- (202910) Vulcan know-how, spirit lift Olympic luge team. May 24, 2013
- (202911) Houston’s newest whiskey and vodka distillery has ambitious plans. May 24, 2013
- (202869) Job market outside of Boston area still faltering. May 24, 2013
- (202865) Groomed to lead. May 24, 2013
- (202870) Special used cars can save energy. May 24, 2013
- (202867) Brady Corp. remakes product portfolio with sale, acquisition of businesses. May 24, 2013
- (202871) Women in Business 2013Jackie Schneider. May 24, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- (200487) For ESCO, good things come in threes. May 17, 2013
- Melissa Heisler: Taking care of your health is first and foremost. ...
- Holly Hicks: Ivor, thank you so much. The founder of ESCO would...
- Holly Hicks: Melissa, thank you for your kind words. We started...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation President Calvin Collins states t...
- Sasi kumar: Paint Booths find application in industry vertical...
- Melissa Heisler: Holly I am so sorry for what you and your husband ...
- Ivor Kellock: Holly this is a terrible story & I am deeply s...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation Senior Vice President Jon Owens -...
- "Personal Presence: How to Get It" with Catherine Johns on Blog Talk Radio
- Generational Change in the Family Business
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- (202871) Women in Business 2013Jackie Schneider.
- (202867) Brady Corp. remakes product portfolio with sale, acquisition of businesses.
- (202870) Special used cars can save energy.
- (202865) Groomed to lead.
- (202869) Job market outside of Boston area still faltering.
- (202911) Houston's newest whiskey and vodka distillery has ambitious plans.
- (202910) Vulcan know-how, spirit lift Olympic luge team.
- (202864) Boilermakers to offer 10 apprenticeships.
- (202860) No shutdown this summer for Gen V engine line in Tonawanda.
- (202853) Bioretention system solves stormwater problem.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray email@example.com