In many cases, open source software can help companies save money. But will those applications introduce new security threats? IT security experts often disagree about the relative security of open source software. Some observers say many open source developers don’t have incentives to fix security vulnerabilities, so they often go unpatched. However, others point out [...]
Archive | Financial Services RSS feed for this section
The budget for IT security is tight in most companies, so it’s critical those dollars are spent the right way. Unfortunately, that’s not the case in a lot of organizations. While IT security investments are increasing, that spending isn’t going toward the technologies that have the biggest impact on the protection of companies’ data, according [...]
Segueway to Success Listen at – “Factoring as a Segueway to Success” Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – “Segueway to Success” talk radio podcast By: Brent Hamachek and Tom Kuchan Our “Segueway to Success” show, talking about our blog, airs each Wednesday at 15:00 CST. Find this week’s show and the archives on our web site: [...]
It’s good for Finance when employees throughout the company look for ways to cut costs. But not when that behavior creates legal and security risks. In many organizations, IT and management don’t keep tight control over what software employees download — and that may mean people are using the Internet to find and install pirated [...]
Segueway to Success Listen at – “Inside Commercial RE Appraisals” Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – “Segueway to Success” talk radio podcast By: Brent Hamachek and Tom Kuchan Our “Segueway to Success” show, talking about our blog, airs each Wednesday at 15:00 CST. Find today’s show and the archives on our web site: www.seguewaysolutions.com/Articles-and-Events.html How commercial [...]
Companies are being forced to cut costs, and one effect that’s having is increased risk of downtime and security breaches in the data center. But a new report says those cost savings may be worth it. Businesses are looking for ways to reduce costs in their IT infrastructure, and among other things, that means assuming [...]
Finance employees tend to have access to a lot of valuable information. And a new study says many of them have no problem stealing that data and giving it to competitors. The reason: Many employees don’t believe that stealing intellectual property or trade secrets is wrong, and often aren’t aware that it could be against [...]
A dispute between a German city and Microsoft has opened up a heated debate on the cost of open source software. Open source software is never completely free, in the financial sense. Even if the applications themselves are available at no cost, businesses still need to pay for support, training, data migration and other needs. [...]
Allowing employees to work on their own personal devices can lead to cost savings. However, BYOD programs also increase costs in some areas. It isn’t just employees who benefit from the chance to use their own smartphones and tablets. According to one recent survey, BYOD increases profits, raises productivity and improves employee retention. However, there [...]
While outsourcing some IT functions can help many organizations save money, firms are spending less on IT outsourcing than they have in the past. Spending for third-party IT services is down and is likely to dip even further, according to a recent report from consulting firm Information Service Group (ISG). In the fourth quarter of [...]
Segueway to Success Listen at – “Segueway to Success – Banks and Businesses” Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – “Segueway to Success” talk radio podcast By: Brent Hamachek and Tom Kuchan Our “Segueway to Success” show, talking about our blog, airs each Wednesday at 15:00 CST. Find today’s show and the archives on our web site: [...]
IT departments are finalizing their lists of things they want to accomplish this year. Here’s what IT pros say are their priorities for 2013. There’s good news for Finance leaders charged with uniting the sometimes disparate factions of IT and the business side, according to a recent survey by Serena Software. When asked what their top priorities [...]
As companies struggle to find the best ways to deal with employees’ personal devices, many businesses are asking a key question: Will BYOD help save money or increase costs? The answer isn’t clear, according to various surveys and reports from experts. In one poll conducted by IT services firm Damovo UK, 73% of IT directors [...]
Many companies are turning to cloud computing services, in part because they can help save money compared to traditional IT investments. But that desire to cut costs can often leads to this risky tactic: Allowing non-IT users and departments to provision cloud computing services on their own without IT’s knowledge or approval. The use of [...]
Used to be your IT team was busy worrying about all the ways tech could be a flop. That’s changed. These days, your CIO is much more likely to be worried that your technology users could expose your company to some serious losses. that’s what CIOs recently confessed when asked by the FierceCIO folks who [...]
Finance folks have what amounts to a love-hate relationship with spreadsheets. As a sensitive tool for financial info, they’ve got plenty of shortcomings, but despite their flaws, studies find that 71% of companies rely heavily on them for critical portions of the business. In case you’re wondering, that info comes from the folks at Deloitte. But [...]
Some of the year’s big news stories involved tech companies and technology’s impact on businesses. These were the 10 most popular Finance Tech News stories in 2012: 1. Stealing a credit card without ever touching it Just because a credit card’s in your wallet, safe in your pocket or purse, doesn’t mean it can’t be very [...]
Uncertainty in the world economy and surplus inventory are being blamed for a significant decline in global sales of semiconductors, a staple of the international computer market. Worldwide semiconductor revenue has totaled $298 billion in 2012, a 3 percent decline from 2011 revenue of $307 billion, according to preliminary results by Gartner, Inc. The top [...]
One of the scariest purchases any business can make involves software, including upgrades. Asking the right questions can make the process a little less intimidating. To kick things off, ask potential vendors: • When did you last release a new software version? This will tell you whether the vendor is cutting-edge or more conservative with [...]
A recent proposal for a cyber security law was shot down in Congress, but observers say new IT security regulations could be on the way for many businesses in the form of an Obama executive order. A procedure to move forward on the Cybersecurity Act, introduced by Senators Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) and [...]
This data comes from pipes.yahoo.com but the Pipe does not exist or has been deleted. Go to Source Author:
Learn facts and best practices by leading analysts for selecting a solution provider. Keep up with the times–and your cash flow–by automating AP processes. Learn how to reduce costs, save time, and improve visibility with automated invoice processing built for SAP. In this white paper from ReadSoft, discover why companies are evolving from manual processes [...]
The Essentials of Finance in 2012, brings together the latest in information, coverage of important developments, and expert commentary to help with your Finance related decisions. Click here to learn more! The post The Essentials of Finance in 2012 – Free Kit appeared first on Finance Tech News. Go to Source Author:
So how’s that move to electronic medical records going? The latest figures released by the leaders of U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) finds that more than half of all healthcare pros who are eligible for help from the feds moving to electronic medical records (EMR) have gotten onboard. A whopping 58% of eliglible healthcare [...]
Cloud computing can have a lot of benefits for small businesses – however, many of those companies don’t recognize how the cloud can help them, according to a recent survey. Recent surveys show that the majority of businesses are adopting cloud computing services and making the Cloud an essential part of their IT strategy. For [...]
One of the biggest trends in Business Intelligence (BI) software is to offer access to applications through mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. These applications allow users to access information and analyses while working with customers or colleagues in the field, while traveling or anytime they’re away from their desk. A recent Aberdeen Group [...]
According to a new IBM study, the new lease accounting changes, which will require U.S. companies to add leased assets such as real-estate, vehicles and other equipment to their balance sheets, will create a host of compliance and ancillary effects that executives will need to address. Discover the lessons learned from this global study of [...]
- (200685) Redhook rolls out Black Lobstah Lager for New England consumers. May 19, 2013
- Buybacks are a big factor behind stock market boom May 19, 2013
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot May 19, 2013
- Charlotte’s living mayors talk about the city’s issues May 19, 2013
- West Bottoms Car Show May 19, 2013
- ‘Trek’ does $70.6M but falls short of studio hopes May 19, 2013
- Missouri GOP’s legislative success in eye of beholder May 19, 2013
- Problem with line forces Lynx to run shuttle buses into uptown May 19, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- 4th Annual AASU Scholarship Dinner March 1, 2012
- Jameson Donaghy: 16 is legal in Kansas, but this is a sodomy charge...
- Cody Travis: I am sure this new agreement will be beneficial fo...
- The Quality Race .: http://ebayastore.blogspot.com...
- Edea Krammer: That’s ok atleast they are not that harmful like...
- Siddharth Mathur: Now days people hire mobile application developers...
- Milton Berger: I think it is my duty to share the experience I ha...
- Valerie Brothers VanBooven: You should visit http://www.HelpforAgingVeterans.c...
- balukh: I wanted to thank you for this worth while read!! ...
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- Coaching & Professional Development
- (200685) Redhook rolls out Black Lobstah Lager for New England consumers.
- (200555) Rolling with Seattle's biking execs: Alan Elser of GM Nameplate.
- (200515) New president, downtown store for LaCrosse.
- (200512) Medtronic's Q4 earnings: 3 things to watch.
- (200513) Apple, Senate Panel Gear Up for an Offshore Tax Showdown.
- (200508) Airbus, Boeing, will battle for PR at Paris Air Show.
- (200509) Harley-Davison cuts Kansas City workforce by 140.
- (200495) California adds fewer jobs in April.
- (200496) Melitta upgrades South Jersey facility.
- (200493) HSM names Greulich new vice president of innovation, technology.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray firstname.lastname@example.org