EnlargeMitsui and Idemitsu have formed a joint venture that will build a chemical plant at Dow’s Freeport location.A joint venture between Mitsui & Company Ltd. and Idemitsu Kosan Company Ltd., two Japanese chemical companies, has chosen to build an alpha olefins chemical plant at Dow Chemical
Archive | Industry RSS feed for this section
Take Control of Your Suppliers and Distributor Relationships
Visibility into critical activities in your supply chain is vitally important. Learn how PC maker Lenovo keeps track of its complex supply chain. In this free IndustryWeek guide, you’ll also learn how you can take control of&
Good news in Europe is good news for all of us given the size of that economy. Britain is showing signs of mild improvement, as is Ireland. The bond market is also happy with the progress being made to improve economic conditions in Europe. Yields on 1…
I write a great deal about the difference between Lean and Six Sigma and Kaizen on the production floor and in the office. As much as many of us are figuring out that the same tools can be used in those very different environments with some translation for context, the training in the tools and
EnlargeBoeingBoeing’s F/A-18E/F Super HornetThe U.S. Department of Defense awarded Boeing St. Louis two major contracts valued at $60.6 million, part of $717.7 million the department awarded Monday.One of the Boeing contracts is a $52.9 million modification to a previously awarded contract for the
Andrew J. Scholz, Matthew R. Shindell, and Matthew D. Cabral, Goldberg Segalla LLPAs if American food manufacturers didn’t already face enough challenges competing in a disproportionate global marketplace during a historic economic downturn, not to mention the scrutiny of an aggressive and rapidly&
Since it’s almost certain that every organization will experience a cyber security incident at some time, you need to be well prepared in advance. According to the 2013 Verizon Data Breach report, 22 organizations, mainly in manufacturing and professional services, with only one to 100 employees
(Manufacturing.net) The Huntsville, Ala.-based surface treatment resource for components in a variety of industries aerospace, defense, medical and transportation is adding 16,000 square feet to the current facility with a $10 million investment. Th…
EnlargePam AllenRobert Geer, the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering’ss vice president for academic affairs.New York state faces a shortage of 350,000 mid-level skilled workers, and the Capital Region is especially vulnerable because its technology sector is growing so quickly.That was the&
EnlargeCatherine Carlock/The Business JournalHerbalife Ltd. has selected PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the company’s independent auditors.Nutritional products company Herbalife Ltd. has selected PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the company’s independent a…
Precise Flow Measurements On Small PipelinesTue, 05/21/2013 – 2:41pmEmerson Process Management (Boulder, Co.) has added the Micro Motion ELITE CMFS sensor platform to its line of Coriolis flowmeters in the effort to bring more precise measurement to pipelines smaller than 2″ or DN50.…
View SlideshowOwen Covington/The Business JournalLexington Mayor Newell Clark and Davidson County Manager Robert Hyatt were two of the panelists at The Business Journal’s State of Davidson discussion.Even as Davidson County works to develop a megapark, community leaders said Tuesday morning that
EnlargeG-Tekt, which manufactures auto parts for several Japanese automakers, is expanding in West Jefferson and adding 23 jobs.G-Tekt North America Corp. will proceed with a $28.6 million manufacturing plant in West Jefferson as it starts to narrow it…
EnlargeESCO CEO Cal Collins.More than satisfied now with its access to capital, long-time manufacturer ESCO Corp. said Tuesday that it is dropping its plans for an initial public offering.The Portland-based maker of parts for heavy equipment in the mining and construction industries filed documents&
Washington, DC, May 21, 2013 The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation (the Foundation) releases the May 2013 Monthly Confidence Index for the Equipment Finance Industry (MCI-EFI) today. Designed to collect leadership data, the index reports a qualitative assessment of both the prevailing…
Rethink Robotics, the firm that designed and manufactured Baxter the famous industrial robot, has met its match. Robotis’ Bioloid, an educational DIY robotics set, has developed a new, hipper cousin to Baxter that dances Gangnam Style. And no wonder.
Deliveries of business jets grew by just 4% in the first quarter of this year.GENEVA – Manufacturers of business jets can look forward to climbing sales in the years to come thanks to emerging markets as they gather in Switzerland for an annual air show, having survived the turbulence of the global&
BERLIN (AP) — German software giant SAP AG said Tuesday it plans to recruit people with autism to take make full use of their talents to process information.Autism is a developmental disorder characterized by difficulties in communicating, emotional d…
May 21, 2013, 12:33pm CDTEnlargeMedtronic Inc.’s manufacturing facility in Singapore. International markets are increasingly important to the Twin Cities med-tech company. Photographer: Munshi Ahmed/BloombergMedtronic Inc. said it’s eliminating 2,000 j…
EnlargeNewscomMcLean-based Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. will reveal fourth-quarter and full-year earnings on Wednesday. Likely to emerge as a topic of conversation and perhaps factor into the results is the company’s revamped operating model officially launched April 1, but rolled out gradually during
EnlargeSpecialW&O is now the preferred North American supplier of SeaCor.Marine supplier W&O Supply Inc. is now the preferred North American distributor of SeaCor, marine thermoplastic piping that meets U.S. Coast Guard and International Maritime Organization standards for fire……
Staff Pacific Business News
Aloha Beer Co. made an informal offer to buy Hilo-based Hawaii Nui Brewing LLC for $325,000 during a bankruptcy hearing on Monday, but a firm called Hilo Brew Works LLC, led by former Hawaii Nui partner Dustin Shindo and Honolulu businessman Duane Kurisu, may try to
EnlargeThe Monaco RV brand has been sold to Allied Specialty Vehicles.Monaco Coach, once a dominant name in Oregon manufacturing, continues to get tossed around.Truck maker Navistar International Corp. of Lisle, Ill., which bought the bankrupt Monaco Coach in 2009 for $47 million and eventually…
EnlargeScott Sullivan is president of Centerville-based SelectTech Services Corp.A local business owner has earned the Dayton Development Coalition’s top honor.The DDC on Monday night honored Scott Sullivan with its annual Dave Hobson Dayton Region Adv…
Washington, D.C., 05/21/13 – National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) Senior Vice President of Policy and Government Relations Aric Newhouse issued this statement in support of H.R. 3 to approve the Keystone XL pipeline:”Keystone XL is an essential part of an ‘all-of-the-above’ energy strategy
EnlargeA stent is a tiny mesh tube implanted during an angioplasty procedure improve blood flow.A Hong Kong-based medical device manufacturer that’s been accusing Boston Scientific Corp. (NYSE:BSX) of patent infringement since at least 2009 upped the a…
NEW YORK (AP) — Hershey is looking to expand in China by tapping into the country’s taste for “milk candy.”The Pennsylvania company says it’s launching a new line called Lancaster in three cities next month, followed by wider distribution next year.
Ericsson Closes Down Cable Production, Cuts JobsTue, 05/21/2013 – 12:16pmSTOCKHOLM (AP) — Wireless equipment maker Ericsson AB says it will close down its telecom cable manufacturing operation and cut around 350 jobs in Sweden.Ericsson said Tuesday it has given notice to 318 workers in
- (201662) Mitsui, Idemitsu JV selects Freeport location for chemical plant. May 21, 2013
- (201646) Book Notes: On Leadership. May 21, 2013
- (201647) Good News in Europe. May 21, 2013
- (201669) CI Tools Aren’t Just For CI Events; They’re For Everyday. May 21, 2013
- (201644) Boeing St. Louis awarded $61 million in defense contracts. May 21, 2013
- (201670) The New Food Fight: Defending Against Labeling Litigation. May 21, 2013
- (201658) Preparing To Succeed When Your Network Has Been Breached. May 21, 2013
- (201659) Advanced Technical Finishing Invests $10 Million In Huntsville Facility. May 21, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- 4th Annual AASU Scholarship Dinner March 1, 2012
- Sasi kumar: Paint Booths find application in industry vertical...
- Melissa Heisler: Holly I am so sorry for what you and your husband ...
- Ivor Kellock: Holly this is a terrible story & I am deeply s...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation Senior Vice President Jon Owens -...
- Jameson Donaghy: 16 is legal in Kansas, but this is a sodomy charge...
- Cody Travis: I am sure this new agreement will be beneficial fo...
- The Quality Race .: http://ebayastore.blogspot.com...
- Edea Krammer: That’s ok atleast they are not that harmful like...
- Generational Change in the Family Business
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- (201662) Mitsui, Idemitsu JV selects Freeport location for chemical plant.
- (201646) Book Notes: On Leadership.
- (201647) Good News in Europe.
- (201669) CI Tools Aren't Just For CI Events; They're For Everyday.
- (201644) Boeing St. Louis awarded $61 million in defense contracts.
- (201670) The New Food Fight: Defending Against Labeling Litigation.
- (201658) Preparing To Succeed When Your Network Has Been Breached.
- (201659) Advanced Technical Finishing Invests $10 Million In Huntsville Facility.
- (201640) Needed: 350,000 mid-level skilled workers in NY by 2018.
- (201637) Herbalife hires PricewaterhouseCoopers as auditor.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray firstname.lastname@example.org