At the restaurants at three Kansas City area museums, the food rivals the artwork hanging nearby.
Archive | Kansas City RSS feed for this section
The Coen brothers’ resurrection of the pre-Dylan folk scene in Greenwich Village serenaded Cannes with its period music and melancholy tale of a self-destructive, feline-toting musician.
The possibility of winning a record Powerball jackpot was a big draw Saturday for area stores selling lottery tickets. Early Sunday, officials with the multistate lottery said that one winning ticket for the approximately $600 million jackpot had been …
In the last few years, the Kansas City-based video production firm T2 Studios and its so-called Experience Lab have gained a growing reputation for creating what are called immersion experiences. In a world of way-too-much stuff passing before our eye…
When so many adult fiction offerings read like variations on a theme of emotional impotence, is it any wonder readers are turning to young-adult novels for spellbinding stories and authentic connection?
Ann Hamilton and her former teacher, Cynthia Schira, have teamed up for a joint exhibition at the Spencer Museum of Art at the University of Kansas. “An Errant Line” derives its most compelling moments from the human drama of the presepio.
Kansas State has had a great sports year by winning Big 12 Conference titles in football, basketball and now baseball. Even K-State President Kirk Schulz raises his eyebrows at the across-the-board achievement.
KC Chorale and organist Jan Kraybill join forces for three large 20th-century works in Helzberg Hall.
While the Royals’ rotation is much improved over recent seasons, one run isn’t often going to be enough. It was Ervin Santana who paid the price Saturday night for failing to pitch a shutout in a 2-1 loss to the Oakland A’s.
Dispatchers said the shooting was reported about 9:45 p.m. near Saida Avenue and North Colorado Avenue.
Speaking to a Truman Days audience, the attorney general lavishes praise on Justus for pushing the Missouri Nondiscrimination Act.
One quarter of the way through the season is the industry standard for fair judgments on teams, and the Royals are as promising as they’ve been since that fluky 2003 season. Good starting pitching (finally), Gordon starring (finally), Billy Butler comi…
ABC calls its new Canadian import “Motive” because that’s what the mystery is. Each episode starts by identifying the killer and the victim, so instead of being a whodunit, “Motive” is a “whydunit,” which, except for the appeal of the show’s star, amou…
Deception takes on new meaning in Rick Beyer’s mesmerizing documentary “The Ghost Army,” premiering Tuesday on PBS. Put simply, the film tells the story of a group of American soldiers who were hand-picked to deceive the Germans by impersonating entire…
Renae Cuellar scores her fourth goal of the season in FCKC’s 2-0 victory over the Boston Breakers.
KC golf legend will play a lot the next two months and keep tabs on potential players he could call on as captain of the 2014 U.S. Ryder Cup team.
Wildcats girls and boys dominate. Girls take three of four relays, win four individual events and place state qualifiers in four others. Boys have four winners and qualify in 11 events.
The $13.4 million system for revenue collection goes live June 10. It will replace a system that was close to collapse. The new system should be better for taxpayers and tax enforcement.
About 20,000 envelopes of families’ photos survived the tornado May 2011 tornado in Joplin, Mo. Through the efforts of a local historian and an army of volunteers, those families can reclaim pieces of their past they had thought were gone forever.
A plant virus called cassava brown streak disease has spread across much of the African interior, reducing by as much as 50 million tons a year the harvest of a crop upon which some 500 million Africans rely for their staple food.
The questions to Royals manager Ned Yost Saturday afternoon concerned third baseman Mike Moustakas, his ongoing struggles and how patient the Royals were willing to remain and for how long.
A 1918 work by Edwin Blashfield, “The Call of Missouri,” was displayed for years at the Kansas City Public Library. It disappeared in 1983. A six-year search found it online — on sale for $650,000.
Junior sprinter wins the Class 1 100- and 200-meter dashes and anchors a comeback in the 4×100 relay. “I’m so happy to just win one, but to get three, I’m just really thankful for this day,” Rains said.
The Heart Walk 2013 was held Saturday in Theis Park at 47th and Oak streets. The Heart Walk promotes physical activity and heart-healthy living in a fun, family environment. More than 10,000 people from across the area participated in a one-mile or thr…
Hall of Famer John Force set a Heartland Park Funny Car track record in Saturday’s opening qualifying session and claimed the No. 1 position, giving John Force Racing the 1-2-3 seeds for Sunday’s elimination rounds.
Owners didn’t get the required U.S. Department of Transportation number. That registration would have mandated inspection and repairs on vehicle whose “door ajar” warning system wasn’t working.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says a 21-year-old Leawood man died Friday night after running a stop sign in Douglas County. The man’s vehicle collided with another car and rolled over. The driver of the other vehicle was injured.
Roughly forty games into Kansas City’s season, it’s time to make some assessments of this team’s advantages and its shortcomings.
- U.S. suburbs have more poor than the cities do, study finds May 20, 2013
- Sprint buys Kansas City-based social media company Handmark May 20, 2013
- Langdon continues Top Fuel streak against Schumacher May 19, 2013
- Johnny Gray wins Funny Car finals at NHRA Kansas Nationals May 19, 2013
- In Kansas, it’s lawmakers versus the courts May 19, 2013
- “The All Powerful King Inside of You” May 19, 2013
- Charlotte area students win Blumey awards May 19, 2013
- Volunteer divers train for swift water, rope rescue in Catawba River May 19, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- 4th Annual AASU Scholarship Dinner March 1, 2012
- Jameson Donaghy: 16 is legal in Kansas, but this is a sodomy charge...
- Cody Travis: I am sure this new agreement will be beneficial fo...
- The Quality Race .: http://ebayastore.blogspot.com...
- Edea Krammer: That’s ok atleast they are not that harmful like...
- Siddharth Mathur: Now days people hire mobile application developers...
- Milton Berger: I think it is my duty to share the experience I ha...
- Valerie Brothers VanBooven: You should visit http://www.HelpforAgingVeterans.c...
- balukh: I wanted to thank you for this worth while read!! ...
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- Coaching & Professional Development
- (200685) Redhook rolls out Black Lobstah Lager for New England consumers.
- (200555) Rolling with Seattle's biking execs: Alan Elser of GM Nameplate.
- (200515) New president, downtown store for LaCrosse.
- (200512) Medtronic's Q4 earnings: 3 things to watch.
- (200513) Apple, Senate Panel Gear Up for an Offshore Tax Showdown.
- (200508) Airbus, Boeing, will battle for PR at Paris Air Show.
- (200509) Harley-Davison cuts Kansas City workforce by 140.
- (200495) California adds fewer jobs in April.
- (200496) Melitta upgrades South Jersey facility.
- (200493) HSM names Greulich new vice president of innovation, technology.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray email@example.com