LSAC reports that as of December 7 (roughly 30% through the cycle), applications for the law school class entering in 2013 are down 24.6% from 2012 and applicants are down 22.4%: Paul Campos (Colorado), Applications to Law School Are Collapsing: These numbers suggest that law schools will have a total… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
Archive | Legal Education RSS feed for this section
NALP, Representation of Women Among Associates Continues to Fall, Even as Minority Associates Make Gains: While women and minority partners continue to mark small gains in their representation among law firm partners as a whole, and while the percentage of minority associates has rebounded after falling in the wake of… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
Huffington Post: CCAC Cuts Adjuncts’ Hours to Avoid Obamacare Requirements: Community College of Allegheny County will cut the hours some instructors to avoid paying for their health insurance coverage under new Affordable Care Act rules. CCAC President Alex Johnson announced in an email to employees last week that the school… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
Following up on Tuesday’s posts: Number of LSAT Test-Takers Falls 16.4% (Nov. 20, 2012) The Job Market for Law Grads Has Been Declining for a Long Time (Nov. 20, 2012) New York Times: Law School Admission Testing Plunges: The number of people taking the Law School Admission Test … offered… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
Kaplan Press Release (Nov. 19, 2012): Responding to the reality that the toughest job market for new lawyers in 20 years may be the new normal for the foreseeable future, law schools are taking unprecedented steps to course correct. According to Kaplan Test Prep’s 2012 survey of  law school… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
The Legal Whiteboard: How to Increase Your Law School’s Academic Reputation, by William D. Henderson (Indiana): I have uncovered four factors that are associated with statistically significant increases and decreases of USN Academic Reputation. To illustrate, consider the scatterplot below, which plots the 1993 ordinal rank of USN Academic Reputation… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
From my friend and colleague Rob Anderson (Pepperdine), Google Ranks Law Reviews: Google has announced an enhancement to its Scholar Metrics that allows users to view citation rankings of journals in various categories. Among the rankings is Google’s ranking of law reviews, as well as a number of specialty law… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
The Faculty Lounge: What Matters Most (in Legal Ed These Days), by Bernard A. Burk (North Carolina): What I’ve mostly been listening to and thinking about is the swelling threnody bemoaning — or in some cases celebrating — the impending Demise of Legal Education As We Know It. … There… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
Following up on last week’s post, Rankings Scandal at George Washington: U.S. News has stripped George Washington University of its #51 ranking in the 2013 national university rankings because of GW’s admission that it has been inflating the percentage of its incoming freshman class ranked in the top 10% of… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
Registration is now open for our January 18, 2013 symposium on Tax Advice for the Second Obana Administration in Malibu: Introduction and Welcome Deanell Tacha (Dean, Pepperdine) Chris Bergin (President, Tax Analysts) Keynote Address: Michael Graetz (Columbia) Occupy the Tax Code: The Buffett Rule, the 1%, and the Fairness/Growth Divide… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
- Chiquita CEO emphasizes break with the past May 23, 2013
- With Andrew Wiggins and Tarik Black on board, what’s in store for KU basketball in 2013-14? May 23, 2013
- (202530) New P&G logo reminds us of old controversy. May 23, 2013
- (202531) Expansion to double jobs at NHK Seating’s Murfreesboro facility. May 23, 2013
- (202532) Westinghouse reorganizes, appoints new SVP. May 23, 2013
- Defense tries to cast doubt on ID of shooter in toddler’s death May 23, 2013
- Poll: What is your level of anger with the Royals’ recent struggles? May 23, 2013
- (202533) Delta delays purchase of new planes, GE engines. May 23, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- (200487) For ESCO, good things come in threes. May 17, 2013
- Melissa Heisler: Taking care of your health is first and foremost. ...
- Holly Hicks: Ivor, thank you so much. The founder of ESCO would...
- Holly Hicks: Melissa, thank you for your kind words. We started...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation President Calvin Collins states t...
- Sasi kumar: Paint Booths find application in industry vertical...
- Melissa Heisler: Holly I am so sorry for what you and your husband ...
- Ivor Kellock: Holly this is a terrible story & I am deeply s...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation Senior Vice President Jon Owens -...
- Generational Change in the Family Business
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- (202530) New P&G logo reminds us of old controversy.
- (202531) Expansion to double jobs at NHK Seating's Murfreesboro facility.
- (202532) Westinghouse reorganizes, appoints new SVP.
- (202533) Delta delays purchase of new planes, GE engines.
- (202537) Japan's ANA to Resume Dreamliner Flights Sunday.
- (202492) Tesla Repays DOE Loan Nine Years Early.
- (202483) Kikkoman to host Japan-U.S. economic conference in Walworth County.
- (202478) Commercial Vehicle Group picks Caterpillar's Richard Lavin as new CEO.
- (202479) Orion Energy to acquire Florida manufacturer.
- (202494) Nissan to Recall 841,000 Cars Over Steering Glitch.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray firstname.lastname@example.org