EnlargeWikipediaActor Dick Van Patten founded New Balance Pet Foods with company President Joey Herrick. San Francisco-based Del Monte Foods agreed Wednesday to buy New Balance.San Francisco-based Del Monte Foods is expanding its reach in the pet food …
Archive | Manufacturing RSS feed for this section
Commission says intellectual property theft costs the United States more than $300 billion each year.WASHINGTON – A high-powered commission said Wednesday that intellectual property theft was costing the United States the equivalent of all its exports …
SAN FRANCISCO – Hewlett-Packard (IW 500/7) said Wednesday that its quarter profit was hit by a dramatic slump in sales of personal computers, while maintaining that its reorganization is making progress.The troubled but biggest maker of personal comput…
EnlargeBoeing Co.Boeing will start assembling its new Air Force refueling tanker next month.Boeing plans to lay down the first wing spar for the Air Force’s KC-46 tanker on June 26, with the first aircraft to fly early in in 2014.That’s the word from Jim Eisenhart, director of business development
CEO Sawhney says the pharmaceutical firm, which pleaded guilty to making and distributing adulterated drugs, ‘is a different company today’NEW DELHI – Indian generic giant Ranbaxy said Wednesday it has spent over $300 million to overhaul its operations and ensure no repeat of drug safety violations&
May 22, 2013, 11:35am HSTMichael Kamdar has been named president of Cellana Inc., a Hawaii-based developer of algae-based bioproducts for the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, fuel and animal feed industries, the company said Wednesday.Kamdar will be prim…
PPG Industries has made adjustments at two of its Polish facilities and is now making protective and marine coatings at Ostrow Wielkopolski, Poland.The plant, which was part of the company’s (NYSE: PPG) purchase of Dyrup A/S, used to make architectural…
NEW YORK U.S. industrial conglomerate General Electric (IW500/5) expects to spend about $6.7 billion in acquisitions through the rest of the year, GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt said Wednesday.In a presentation to analysts, Immelt noted the company had planned…
NEW YORK U.S. industrial conglomerate General Electric expects to spend about $2.4 billion in acquisitions through the rest of the year, GE Chief Executive Jeffrey Immelt said Wednesday.In a presentation to analysts, Immelt noted the company had plann…
EnlargeHouston is the U.S. market with the greatest need for engineers, a new study says.Houston was ranked as the No. 1 market in the U.S. with the highest demand for engineers, according to a new Monster Worldwide Inc. (NYSE: MWW) survey.Following Houston were San Jose, Calif.; San Diego, Calif.;&
EnlargeBloombergIndia is America’s 11th-largest trading partner, but U.S. manufacturers are concerned that India is now favoring its own companies over foreign businesses.We’re used to U.S. manufacturers complaining about China’s trade practices; now c…
Baldor Electric Introduces Full Line Of ER-Style Ball BearingsWed, 05/22/2013 – 4:20pmBaldor Electric Company (Fort Smith, Ark.) has introduced its line of Dodge ER-Style ball bearings, which are available in two shaft attachment methods. The set screw version has a 65 set screw angle for&
EnlargeSummer ClassicsBew White, owner of Summer Classics Inc., plans to move the company’s headquarters to Pelham from Montevallo.The Pelham City Council has unanimously approved Summer Classic Inc.’s $3 million offer for 32 acres, including the former Moore-Handley property, according to a news
EnlargeD.L. / Flickr cc-licensedDimo’s Pizza serves various types of slices, including a mac ‘n cheese slice, and makes the list of most interesting mac ‘n cheese dishes.Staff Chicago Business Journal
Business assets related to Elvis Presley and Muhammad Ali are going on sale.
EnlargeBusiness First File Photo | Ron BathNeville Blakemore is shown with some of the products produced by Great Northern Building Products.Two Louisville companies were included on a list of 100 fast-growing, inner-city businesses.This year’s Inner City 100 list, compiled by the Initiative for a
EnlargeAs part of a corporate restructuring and job consolidation at Mattel Inc., the toymaker will be reassigning jobs and making select layoffs at Fisher-Price by mid-October.In total, around 100 workers from the company’s East Aurora and New York ci…
EnlargeFile photoPercuVision founder Dr. Errol Singh will move with his staff to Ennovea’s offices following the company’s investment.Columbus manufacturer Ennovea is expanding its medical device expertise by taking a stake in Westerville-based PercuVi…
EnlargeCambridge Major is a provider of intermediates and ingredients for pharmaceutical manufacturers.Cambridge Major Laboratories Inc. this month is unveiling its expanded active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturing facility in Germantown.The expansion, which The Business Journal reported in
EnlargeFileMSA (NYSE: MSA) is donating safety equipment to workers in Oklahoma cleaning up after Monday afternoon’s deadly tornado.The team at Mine Safety Appliances’ Murrysville factory are putting in extra effort Wednesday on a shipment of 600 hard h…
NEW YORK (AP) — CEO pay has been going in one direction for the past three years: up.The head of a typical large public company made $9.7 million in 2012, a 6.5 percent increase from a year earlier that was aided by a rising stock market, according to an analysis by The Associated Press using data&
Lanxess opens factory to capture growing automotive market.As the automotive industry grows in Brazil, Rhein Chemie, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lanxess, opened a new facility in Porto Feliz for high-performance bladders (curing bladders), which are u…
ATLANTA (AP) — The solar industry in Georgia is pushing a power monopoly to expand its use of solar energy as it plans to meet the state’s electricity needs over the next two decades.State utility regulators heard testimony Tuesday on the energy plans…
Italy Seizes $1.5B From Steel FamilyWed, 05/22/2013 – 2:05pmMILAN (AP) — Milan prosecutors have ordered the seizure of 1.2 billion euros ($1.5 billion) in assets belonging to the family that runs a troubled steel plant in southern Italy.Prosecutors allege in the order Wednesday that the
NEW YORK (AP) — This time “you’re fired” is more than a Donald Trump catchphrase. Fox is turning the firing of real people from real jobs into prime-time entertainment starting this week.The network on Thursday will begin airing “Does Someone Have to …
View SlideshowSpecialJackson Offshore Operators President and CEO Lee Jackson performs a ceremonial weld as the keel is laid on the first of four ships being built by BAE Systems in Jacksonville.BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards Jacksonville LLC will conduct a job fair to attract the 100 additional
EnlargeJanet Adams | Business FirstBob Irwin, left, joined friend Dan DeMuth at Columbus software firm TDCI last year.TDCI Inc., which makes product-configuration software to reduce errors in orders to manufacturers, has been acquired by Infor, a New York business-software company.When I wrote last&
EnlargeThinkstock.comCigarette companies have boosted efforts to invest in discounts, giveaways and other promotions to attract an ever-declining pool of smokers.Responding to a dramatic decline in smoking rates over the past three decades, cigarette makers including Winston-Salem-based Reynolds
EnlargeJulie KnightChad Hendricks of Boyles Brand Holdings. Boyles Furniture & Rugs store will open Thursday at 182 Farmington Road in Mocksville.The owners of a new Boyles Furniture & Rugs store will relaunch the brand with a grand opening Thursday at 182 Farmington Road in……
- (202259) Del Monte Foods to buy Natural Balance Pet Foods. May 22, 2013
- Liberty Memorial exhibit looks at the origins of World War I May 22, 2013
- One seriously hurt in Leawood fire May 22, 2013
- Summer music: A buffet of choices May 22, 2013
- Fort Osage’s Cole draws rapt attention when she throws May 22, 2013
- Summer concerts: Park your blanket at these events May 22, 2013
- (202237) US Report Urges Action on ‘Unprecedented’ IP Theft. May 22, 2013
- Raytown OKs deal to bring Google Fiber May 22, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- (200487) For ESCO, good things come in threes. May 17, 2013
- Melissa Heisler: Taking care of your health is first and foremost. ...
- Holly Hicks: Ivor, thank you so much. The founder of ESCO would...
- Holly Hicks: Melissa, thank you for your kind words. We started...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation President Calvin Collins states t...
- Sasi kumar: Paint Booths find application in industry vertical...
- Melissa Heisler: Holly I am so sorry for what you and your husband ...
- Ivor Kellock: Holly this is a terrible story & I am deeply s...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation Senior Vice President Jon Owens -...
- Generational Change in the Family Business
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- (202259) Del Monte Foods to buy Natural Balance Pet Foods.
- (202237) US Report Urges Action on 'Unprecedented' IP Theft.
- (202233) Hewlett-Packard's Q2 Profit Slumps Amid Global Downturn in PC Sales.
- (202215) Boeing to start assembling Air Force tanker June 26.
- (202228) Generic Drug Manufacturer Ranbaxy Spends $300 Million to Improve Safety.
- (202211) Michael Kamdar named president of Hawaii-based Cellana Inc..
- (202212) PPG Industries adjusts what its Polish factories make.
- (202210) GE Forecasts $6.7 Billion in Acquisitions by Year's End.
- (202234) GE Forecasts $2.4 Billion in Acquisitions Through Remainder of Year.
- (202188) Houston a top market for engineering jobs.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray email@example.com