Canada Trying To Lure Silicon Valley Tech WorkersFri, 05/17/2013 – 1:40pmSAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — The Canadian government is trying to lure Silicon Valley tech workers who are frustrated by U.S. visa policies, just as Congress wrestles with a long-sought overhaul of America’s immigration
Archive | Manufacturing RSS feed for this section
Members of the Congressional Privacy Caucus question Google about the privacy implications and possible ‘misuse’ of its Internet-linked eyewear.WASHINGTON – A group of U.S. lawmakers has asked Google to answer questions on the privacy implications and possible “misuse of information” of its Google
Johnson & Johnson’s DePuy orthopedics business plans to stop selling a couple of hip replacement systems not widely used by doctors.DePuy will discontinue both its Ultamet Metal-on-Metal Articulation and Complete Ceramic-on-Metal Acetabular systems worldwide at the end of August.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The organic food industry is gaining clout on Capitol Hill, prompted by rising consumer demand and its entry into traditional farm states. But that isn’t going over well with everyone in Congress.Tensions between conventional and organic agriculture boiled over this week during a&
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Nissan Motor Co.’s Mississippi plant is on track to receive more state aid and tax breaks than what state and company officials have previously revealed, according to a study paid for by the United Auto Workers, which is questioning whether the state is getting enough for its&
EnlargeA Unifi vice president and general counsel has resigned.Greensboro-based yarn maker Unifi Inc. announced that Charles F. McCoy, a vice president and general counsel for the company, resigned effective Monday.McCoy had been the company’s vice president, secretary, general counsel and chief
May 17, 2013, 12:17pm CDTEnlargePQ Corp. breaks ground on a new $120 million expansion Thursday at its manufacturing plant at 1700 Kansas Ave.PQ Corp. broke ground Thursday on a $120 million project at its Kansas City, Kan., facility.The company, which includes Zeolyst International, manufactures
Enlarge100 Technology Center Drive in Stoughton has been empty since March 31.H.N. Gorin Inc., a Boston-based owner and manager of commercial properties, had nearly two years to prepare for the day when its largest tenant, The Shaw Group, was scheduled to exit its 197,000-square-foot space at 100
EnlargeMark FreerksMako Surgical President and CEO Maurice Ferre.A federal judge dismissed a securities class action lawsuit against Mako Surgical Corp.The complaint was filed in the Southern District of Florida in May 2012 on behalf of shareholders who claimed that officials of the Davie-based…
EnlargeWhile employees at Nissan’s Smyrna plant churned out cars, one employee at Nissan North America’s Franklin corporate headquarters may have been working to defraud the company and its drivers, according to a newly unsealed federal indictment.The …
October 20th – 23rd, 2013 Denver, CO+ to calendarDenver, COPresented by the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)Click here for more
May 17, 2013, 12:53pm EDTEnlargeLockheed Martin has been tapped for two more weather monitoring satellites.Staff Washington Business Journal
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has awarded two contract options worth about $315 million to Lockheed Martin Corp., Space News……
May 17, 2013, 12:04pm EDTEnlargeBloombergOhio’s unemployment rate improved to 7 percent in April, while the U.S. rate dropped to 7.5 percent.Ohio’s unemployment rate edged down to 7 percent in April from 7.1 percent a month earlier on a slight increase in employment and as people left the labor…
May 17, 2013, 11:01am CDTEnlargeMaureen and Dennis Criscuolo have expanded product lines and added installation and maintenance services to grow FlagCenter.com beyond just a patriotic business.Staff Memphis Business Journal
VITALSName: FlagCenter.com LLCLeadership: Maureen and Dennis Criscuolo,&
May 17, 2013, 11:01am CDTEnlargeChris Miller, president of Yuletide Office Solutions, got the idea for his business after his father’s business had problems obtaining office supplies.Staff Memphis Business Journal
VITALSName: Chris Miller, presidentCompany name: Yuletide Office SolutionsWhat it&
May 17, 2013, 10:55am CDTEnlargeCourtesy of CessnaKriya ShorttCessna Aircraft Co. on Friday announced that it has promoted Kriya Shortt as senior vice president of sales, putting her at the helm of the company’s global sales force.Shortt has been with Cessna since 1996 and most recently served as
May 17, 2013, 10:49am CDT Updated: May 17, 2013, 11:09am CDTEnlargeCourtesy of AGCOAGCO on Thursday celebrated the building of its 25,000th large square baler in Hesston.AGCO on Thursday celebrated the building of its 25,000th large square baler in Hesston, 35 years after introducing the industry’s&
Unemployment Falls In 40 U.S. StatesFri, 05/17/2013 – 11:22amChristopher S. Rugaber, AP Economics WriterWASHINGTON (AP) — Solid hiring helped push down unemployment rates in 40 U.S. states last month, the most since November. The declines show job markets are improving in most areas of
May 17, 2013, 11:19am EDTEnlargePPG Industries Inc. (NYSE: PPG)The bankruptcy reorganization plan for Pittsburgh Corning, a business jointly owned by PPG Industries (NYSE: PPG) and Corning, was confirmed by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of Western Pennsylvania, PPG said Friday.The case was first filed
Gauge Of U.S. Economy’s Future Health Up In AprilWASHINGTON (AP) — A measure of the U.S. economy’s future health rose solidly in April, buoyed by a sharp rise in applications to build homes and a better job market.The Conference Board said Friday that its index of leading indicators increased 0.6
Too much of a good thing can translate into a future that involves undifferentiated offerings and purchases driven primarily by price.George Brown, Jr., cofounder of Blue Canyon Partners Inc.Although Mick Jagger once advised that “anything worth doing …
EnlargeCaterpillar reduced its acquisition payment to a Chinese company as part of a settlement over an accounting misconduct by the now-subsidiary.Caterpillar Inc. said Friday it has resolved issues arising out of a reported accounting misconduct within a recently acquired Chinese company, and…
Take Control of Your Suppliers and Distributor Relationships
Visibility into critical activities in your supply chain is vitally important. Learn how PC maker Lenovo keeps track of its complex supply chain. In this free IndustryWeek guide, you’ll also learn how you can take control of&
May 17, 2013, 10:35am EDTEnlargeInspired by the success of Dayton’s first brewpub co-op, some Middletown residents are looking to put a microbrewery co-op in their own town.Inspired by the success of Dayton’s first brewpub co-op, some Middletown residents are looking to put a microbrewery co-op in
Ronnie Bryant, president and chief executive of Charlotte Regional Partnership, likes to talk “product.” To him, product is available, empty buildings that new and relocating office projects and industry can occupy quickly.To paraphrase Bryant, the Cha…
Eleven other people were injured in Thursday’s incident at the Taiwanese-owned Wing Star facility, which makes shoes for Japanese sports brand Asics.PHNOM PENH — The operator of a Cambodian shoe factory where two workers were killed this week when a ceiling collapsed admitted Friday to neglecting
EnlargeMalia SpencerFor the last several years Alcoa Chairman and CEO Klaus Kleinfeld has highlighted aluminum as a metal of choice for high-end consumer electronics. Some examples of products where on display at the company’s annual meeting.Aluminum maker Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is not one to talk about
EnlargeMark Aslett, president and CEO, Mercury Systems Inc.Mercury Systems (Nasdaq:MRCY), a provider of open sensor and Big Data processing systems, software and services for critical commercial, defense and intelligence applications, eliminated 142 positions at the company in the first quarter of
- Euro: Bundesbank verteidigt Cent-Münzen May 19, 2013
- Russisch-amerikanische Initiative: Assad gibt Friedensgesprächen keine Chance May 19, 2013
- Bayern-Fehler gegen Gladbach: Mit den Gedanken schon in Wembley May 19, 2013
- Europas schönste Stadtstrände: Nah am Wasser gebaut May 19, 2013
- One winning ticket sold in Florida for record $600 million Powerball jackpot May 19, 2013
- Novels for young adults are reaching more (adult) readers May 18, 2013
- Spencer Museum’s collection inspires two artists to take different paths May 18, 2013
- K-State defies expectations, turns three-mendous feat in Big 12 May 18, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- 4th Annual AASU Scholarship Dinner March 1, 2012
- Jameson Donaghy: 16 is legal in Kansas, but this is a sodomy charge...
- Cody Travis: I am sure this new agreement will be beneficial fo...
- The Quality Race .: http://ebayastore.blogspot.com...
- Edea Krammer: That’s ok atleast they are not that harmful like...
- Siddharth Mathur: Now days people hire mobile application developers...
- Milton Berger: I think it is my duty to share the experience I ha...
- Valerie Brothers VanBooven: You should visit http://www.HelpforAgingVeterans.c...
- balukh: I wanted to thank you for this worth while read!! ...
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- Coaching & Professional Development
- (200555) Rolling with Seattle's biking execs: Alan Elser of GM Nameplate.
- (200515) New president, downtown store for LaCrosse.
- (200512) Medtronic's Q4 earnings: 3 things to watch.
- (200513) Apple, Senate Panel Gear Up for an Offshore Tax Showdown.
- (200508) Airbus, Boeing, will battle for PR at Paris Air Show.
- (200509) Harley-Davison cuts Kansas City workforce by 140.
- (200495) California adds fewer jobs in April.
- (200496) Melitta upgrades South Jersey facility.
- (200493) HSM names Greulich new vice president of innovation, technology.
- (200494) Seven projects recommended for funding, to create 281 jobs.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray firstname.lastname@example.org