Environmental advocacy groups with a strong mind to advance their agendas are increasingly using a clever, albeit abusive, way to game the regulatory process. It’s called “sue and settle,” and it’s resulting in interested partiesstates, industries, and businessesbeing shut out of major regulatory
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Teacher education in the nation?s universities is ?an industry of mediocrity,? says a new report that rates hundreds of programs and gives less than 10 percent at least three stars…Click to Continue »
Robotics to be used in High Precision Assembly Workcells for Independent Semiconductor Manufacturing Service ProviderPLEASANTON, Calif., — Adept Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq:ADEP), a provider of intelligent robots and autonomous mobile solutions, has received a total order of $2.6 million from CASTEC
Par Petroleum Agrees to Purchase Tesoro Refinery, Logistics, Retail SystemPITTSBURGH — The United Steelworkers (USW) Union applauded the sale of Tesoro’s Kapolei, Hawaii, refinery, logistics and retail system to Par Petroleum Corporation.”This is wonderful news for our members, their families and
A rare bullpen hiccup and a base-running blunder Tuesday kept Kansas City from climbing above .500 and instead dumped them back into third place in the American League Central Division as the Royals lost 4-3 to the Indians on Tuesday night in Cleveland.
Digital learning resource focused on adapting to changing culture of education, poised to advance manufacturing, formalize informal learningDEARBORN, Mich. From high school technology classes and engineering professors to manufacturing professionals trying to solve a production problem or plant…
EnlargeCourtesy New BalanceNew Balance’s new campaign will focus on the fact it still manufactures shoes here in New England.By Hannah Fingerhut, Special to the Journal
Boston-based New Balance is featuring a new Made in USA global campaign this month to celebrate American workers.The company
Mecklenburg commissioners formally approved a $1.7 billion budget with a 2.35-cent tax rate increase Tuesday night.Click to Continue »
The caffeine-heavy drinks should never be marketed to youths, said the American Medical Association in a vote at its annual policy meeting in Chicago.
SHANGHAI–(BUSINESS WIRE)–ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ONNN), driving innovation in energy efficiency, has been awarded a 2012 Best Project Collaboration Award from Yanfeng Visteon Group (YFV), a leading automotive component supplier in China.
“It was a great honor to receive this prestigious…
The left Monday morning for Illinois but have not been heard from.
One of Johnson County’s stellar students, Olathe Northwest High School valedictorian Cassie Wang is now headed to Harvard, but Harvard is getting more than a scholar. It is getting a philanthropist, an athlete and a young woman who is on a mission to m…
EnlargeBoeing imageA United Airlines Dreamliner was forced to land at Seattle Tacoma International Airport due to mechanical problems Tuesday.A United Airlines Boeing 787 Dreamliner on its way to Japan was forced to land because of mechanical problems at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport at 4:15&
Food professionals with food allergies face a unique hurdle when confronted with an illness, allergy, intolerance or other disorder because they can’t escape the very thing that triggers symptoms. Instead of quitting, many use their talents to create f…
‘Terminator 2′ star Edward Furlong has been charged with assault after a May 21 incident in which his girlfriend called police and reported he attacked her.
On the surface, the antiquated gravel track and absence of field amenities at Penney High School in Hamilton, Mo., make baffling what blossomed from here earlier this month in Eugene, Ore: Lindsay Vollmer, a sophomore at Kansas whose hometown training …
Cody Stubbs is playing for North Carolina in the College World Series.
Relatives of a man who died after struggling with Kansas City police officers Monday morning said they believe he may have been lost, intoxicated and looking for a ride when he got into a stranger’s car and refused to get out.
A surveillance camera captured people of interest in the theft of a pioneer woman statue.
EnlargePolymer Group is based in the Harris Corners office complex in Charlotte.Staff Charlotte Business Journal
J. Joel Hackney Jr. has been named CEO of Polymer Group Inc., succeeding the retiring Veronica “Ronee” Hagen.Hackney will assume the post Wednesday.
One person was seriously injured Tuesday afternoon in a truck wreck that blocked the ramp from southbound Interstate 85 to southbound Interstate 77.Click to Continue »
Charlotte is lobbying against the state Senate’s tax reform bill, saying it will cost the city at least $31 million a year in lost revenue and possibly require a property…
Everyone knows someone who is habitually late. It’s a maddening trait to the unafflicted who see the problem as remarkably easy to fix: Start earlier. That’s how the Royals’ two new hitting coaches, George Brett and Pedro Grifol, diagnosed Eric Hosmer’…
They lived the high life for years with money embezzled from her employer.
Jackson County taxpayers have been ill-served by an assessment department that can’t shoot straight when it comes to providing crucial values for houses, condominiums and duplexes.
ESSEX JUNCTION, Vt.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Vermont Quilt Festival returns to the Champlain Valley Expo in Essex Junction June 28-30, astounding visitors with the rich colors and intricate craftsmanship in the quilts on display. Thousands of quilt enthusiasts from around the world come to celebrate New
To stage last year?s Democratic National Convention, the local host committee raised millions of dollars, much of it for computers, phones and other communication devices. Now it appears a sizeable…Click to Continue »
Lil Wayne says he wasn’t intentionally stepping on the American flag when shooting his latest video.
- (214061) Sue and Settle: Regulating Behind Closed Doors. June 18, 2013
- Report: Most teacher ed programs are substandard June 18, 2013
- (214048) Adept Receives $2.6 Million Order from CASTEC International Corp.. June 18, 2013
- (214045) USW Campaign Helps to Save Hawaii Refinery. June 18, 2013
- Bullpen, base-running problems cost Royals in 4-3 loss to Indians June 18, 2013
- (214037) SME Launches Revolutionary Knowledge Edge. June 18, 2013
- (214059) New Balance launches new ad campaign to focus on its U.S. manufacturing heritage. June 18, 2013
- Mecklenburg commissioners approve 2.35-cent tax increase June 18, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- (200487) For ESCO, good things come in threes. May 17, 2013
- Melissa Heisler: Taking care of your health is first and foremost. ...
- Holly Hicks: Ivor, thank you so much. The founder of ESCO would...
- Holly Hicks: Melissa, thank you for your kind words. We started...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation President Calvin Collins states t...
- Sasi kumar: Paint Booths find application in industry vertical...
- Melissa Heisler: Holly I am so sorry for what you and your husband ...
- Ivor Kellock: Holly this is a terrible story & I am deeply s...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation Senior Vice President Jon Owens -...
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray firstname.lastname@example.org