Arlington Heights and Education Hubs Launch HandsOn Suburban Chicago (HOSC) and Linked Local Network (LLN), as part of the Community Hub Network, have collaborated to launch two new websites focusing on Arlington Heights and Education. The sites will be previewed on May 1st at 8:30 am at the Forest View Education Center Theater in Arlington [...]
Archive | Patty Neuswanger RSS feed for this section
LLN Reports on Non-Profit Volunteering w/Chris Smith of HandsOn Suburban Chicago Mike Boehler and Michele Rempel will interview Chris Smith of HandsOn Suburban Chicago. Chris joined Handson Chicago as the COO in July, 2007 after a 21 yr career at the Chicago Tribune Co. HandsOn Suburban Chicago (HOSC) is committed to mobilizing the compassion of [...]
Join HandsOn Suburban Chicago and your friends from the Schaumburg Business Association (SBA) for their annual golf outing on July 17th at the Schaumburg Golf Club. ( Please see attached link for details and registration.) HandsOn Suburban is donating, as a raffle item, a special managed volunteer project to enable an area business to engage [...]
Calling all Youth Leaders! National Conference on Volunteering held at Chicago’s McCormick Place, June 17th
Calling all Youth Leaders! As part of the National Conference on Volunteering held at Chicago’s McCormick Place, Points of Light, generationOn and HandsOn Suburban Chicago are encouraging youth leaders to get involved in volunteering. There are two opportunities for youth to participate. The first is the Youth Summit which is held on Sunday June 17th [...]
A Billion + Change, a growing national campaign to mobilize billions of dollars of pro bono and skills-based volunteer services from corporate America, announced today that 100 companies have pledged to create or expand a skills-based volunteer program in their workplace. In just six months, these companies have pledged a combined total of $1.7 billion [...]
HandsOn Suburban Chicago, in conjunction with Hanover Township’s Open Gym program, provided five District U-46 schools with environmental messages and fun activities for the student participants. Each afternoon between May 7th and May 11th, the program was offered to a different environment site. Over 200 students enthusiastically participated at Bartlett Elementary (Bartlett) Oak Hill (Streamwood) Laurel [...]
HandsOn Suburban Chicago (HOSC) plans special volunteer opportunities that are tailored to corporations’ key corporate social responsibility (CSR) focus areas. HOSC is currently working to support Zurich in its “100 Ways to Serve” initiative. In celebration of Zurich’s Global Community Week, Earth Day and Global Youth Service Day (April 20-22), 16 employee volunteers from Zurich [...]
Volunteering has a meaningful, positive impact on your community. But did you know that it can have many benefits for you too? Here are some reasons to volunteer. Learn or develop a new skill Volunteering is the perfect vehicle to discover something you are really good at and develop a new skill. It is never [...]
On April 10th, ground was broken at London Middle School in Community Consolidate District 21 for a school vegetable garden. A total of 69 volunteers, 19 community volunteers, staff and parents plus 50 students built four raised vegetable beds in the school’s interior courtyard. The Wheeling Garden Club also participated and provided planning resources [...]
- (203108) Pendleton gets homey in Lake Oswego. May 24, 2013
- (203094) Heinz acquisition approved by Chinese Ministry of Commerce. May 24, 2013
- (203095) A new brewpub plans move into the Pearl District. May 24, 2013
- (203093) ECC study to be unveiled next week. May 24, 2013
- (202622) What the Pharmaceutical Industry Can Teach Us about Supply Chain Security Best Practices. May 24, 2013
- (203031) Ford Promises to Keep 1,000 Jobs at French Plant. May 24, 2013
- (203019) Webb moves into CEO position at Herff Jones early. May 24, 2013
- (203032) 5 Characteristics of Recession Recovery Leaders. May 24, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- (200487) For ESCO, good things come in threes. May 17, 2013
- Melissa Heisler: Taking care of your health is first and foremost. ...
- Holly Hicks: Ivor, thank you so much. The founder of ESCO would...
- Holly Hicks: Melissa, thank you for your kind words. We started...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation President Calvin Collins states t...
- Sasi kumar: Paint Booths find application in industry vertical...
- Melissa Heisler: Holly I am so sorry for what you and your husband ...
- Ivor Kellock: Holly this is a terrible story & I am deeply s...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation Senior Vice President Jon Owens -...
- "Personal Presence: How to Get It" with Catherine Johns on Blog Talk Radio
- Generational Change in the Family Business
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- (203108) Pendleton gets homey in Lake Oswego.
- (203094) Heinz acquisition approved by Chinese Ministry of Commerce.
- (203095) A new brewpub plans move into the Pearl District.
- (203093) ECC study to be unveiled next week.
- (202622) What the Pharmaceutical Industry Can Teach Us about Supply Chain Security Best Practices.
- (203031) Ford Promises to Keep 1,000 Jobs at French Plant.
- (203019) Webb moves into CEO position at Herff Jones early.
- (203032) 5 Characteristics of Recession Recovery Leaders.
- (203020) Discovery Communications, Lockheed execs among 50 highest paid.
- (203021) P&G's CEOs through the years: SLIDESHOW.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray firstname.lastname@example.org