I’m obsessed with the Chicago Cubs baseball team. This statement might seem odd since I’ve never seen them play and I don’t follow sports. Technically, it’s not the game that fascinates me, it’s the curse. In the 1934, tavern owner Billy Sianis adopted a baby goat (Murphy) that fell off a truck in front of [...]
Archive | Schaumburg RSS feed for this section
Soon the East Coast is going to be overrun with billions of 17-year cicadas. It’s a colossal event of biblical proportions. I know, because the western suburbs of Chicago went through the same thing 5 years ago. It’s one of the most fascinating experiences of my life. Normally, I’m squeamish about being outnumbered by creatures [...]
The other day my exercise class was full of new people. Someone was standing where Nancy normally stands, so she was forced to move into a new spot in front of me. Shelly, our instructor, was telling stories. (Somehow she’s able to lead the class, breathe and talk all at the same time. It’s amazing!) One [...]
Saying that scientists have made a discovery always lends a certain amount of credibility, no matter how ridiculous the revelation. It’s been reported that Italian scientists discovered the gate to Hell – literally – in Turkey (the country not the bird). Known as Pluto’s Gate, this is the genuine portal to the underworld. Pluto’s Gate (Source: hurriyetdailynews.com) [...]
Have you ever faced a situation in which any decision you made could be a bad one? I experienced this recently with a new consulting assignment. I was excited to get the work. It was a new client and my performance could send more work my way. I’d prepared for the first meeting, was confident [...]
Fractured Cliché: Ignoring the white elephant in the room Correct Cliché: Ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room To me there’s little material difference between these clichés. Imagine a white elephant or an 800-pound gorilla. Either would be hard to ignore. Something else that would be hard to ignore is two football fields, adjacent to [...]
Did you know that swearing can reduce pain? I mean when you swear not when someone swears at you. Researchers have learned that swearing, unlike other types of speech, uses brain circuitry that’s linked to emotion. Normal language comes from the outer layers of the brain’s left hemisphere whereas expletives are buried deep inside the right half. [...]
The other day I woke up feeling down. It was cold and overcast outside – no sun to brighten the spirits. Normally I’m upbeat so I decided that something would happen to make things better. Engaging in my normal morning routine, I realized we were about to miss the garbage pickup. Wearing only capri exercise [...]
SURVIVAL OF THE FASTEST Infor says speed is a competitive weapon. Why? We believe that speed—not just scale—is the new basis for competition. It’s no longer about how big a company is; it’s about how fast you can execute. You may never be able to out-scale a competitor, but you [...]
- (202155) Ennovea pays $2.5M for stake in catheter developer PercuVision. May 22, 2013
- (202156) Cambridge Major completes Germantown expansion. May 22, 2013
- (202157) MSA sending safety equipment to tornado-ravaged Oklahoma. May 22, 2013
- (202159) Specialty Chemicals Company Opens Plant in Brazil. May 22, 2013
- (202144) Solar Industry Pushes For More Use In Georgia. May 22, 2013
- (202145) Italy Seizes $1.5B From Steel Family. May 22, 2013
- (202146) New Show Brings Messy Workplaces To Television. May 22, 2013
- (202136) BAE lays ship keel, plans to hire another 100. May 22, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- (200487) For ESCO, good things come in threes. May 17, 2013
- Holly Hicks: Ivor, thank you so much. The founder of ESCO would...
- Holly Hicks: Melissa, thank you for your kind words. We started...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation President Calvin Collins states t...
- Sasi kumar: Paint Booths find application in industry vertical...
- Melissa Heisler: Holly I am so sorry for what you and your husband ...
- Ivor Kellock: Holly this is a terrible story & I am deeply s...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation Senior Vice President Jon Owens -...
- Jameson Donaghy: 16 is legal in Kansas, but this is a sodomy charge...
- Generational Change in the Family Business
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- (202155) Ennovea pays $2.5M for stake in catheter developer PercuVision.
- (202156) Cambridge Major completes Germantown expansion.
- (202157) MSA sending safety equipment to tornado-ravaged Oklahoma.
- (202159) Specialty Chemicals Company Opens Plant in Brazil.
- (202144) Solar Industry Pushes For More Use In Georgia.
- (202145) Italy Seizes $1.5B From Steel Family.
- (202146) New Show Brings Messy Workplaces To Television.
- (202136) BAE lays ship keel, plans to hire another 100.
- (202132) Columbus software company TDCI acquired by Infor.
- (202133) Cigarette companies boost giveaways as smoking declines.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray firstname.lastname@example.org