Our founding fathers recognized the importance of having citizen politicians. Citizen politicians defined over 237 years ago as people who participate in the political process, and these people come from all walks of life, such as farmers, businesses, law practices, inn keepers, chimney sweepers and schoolteachers. These citizen politicians participated in the people’s government result [...]
Archive | Scholarship RSS feed for this section
There is a bit of movement in this week’s list of the Top 5 Recent Tax Paper Downloads on SSRN, with a new paper debuting on the list at #5: 1. [288 Downloads] James Couzens, Andrew Mellon, the ‘Greatest Tax Suit in the History of the World,’ and Creation of… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
Wendy C. Gerzog (Baltimore), Valuation Discounting and the Lottery Cases, 137 Tax Notes 917 (Nov. 19, 2012): The article describes the valuation discounting in [Dickerson v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo. 2012-60] and contrasts it with the discounting by circuit courts [Negron v. United States, 553 F.3d 1013 (6th Cir. 2009); Anthony… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
There is a bit of movement in this week’s list of the Top 5 Recent Tax Paper Downloads on SSRN, with a new #1 paper and a new paper debuting on the list at #5: 1. [251 Downloads] James Couzens, Andrew Mellon, the ‘Greatest Tax Suit in the History of… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
Susan C. Morse (UC-Hastings), A Corporate Offshore Profits Transition Tax, 91 N.C. L. Rev. ___ (2013): Congress might repeal the residual U.S. tax imposed when non-U.S. subsidiaries repatriate earnings to U.S. parent corporations. Repeal would raise the transition issue of how to tax the $1 trillion to $2 trillion of… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
Registration is now open for our January 18, 2013 symposium on Tax Advice for the Second Obana Administration in Malibu: Introduction and Welcome Deanell Tacha (Dean, Pepperdine) Chris Bergin (President, Tax Analysts) Keynote Address: Michael Graetz (Columbia) Occupy the Tax Code: The Buffett Rule, the 1%, and the Fairness/Growth Divide… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
Rachelle Holmes Perkins (George Mason) presented Salience and Sin: Designing Taxes in the New Sin Era at Washington University as part of its Tax Colloquium Series hosted by Adam Rosenzweig: Tax salience reflects the extent to which consumers take into account the after-tax cost of a good or service prior… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
Leigh Osofsky (Miami), Hypersalience and and Why Understanding Behavorial Tax Law and Economics Means Understanding Tax (Jotwell) (reviewing Lilian V. Faulhaber (Boston University), The Hidden Limits of the Charitable Deduction: An Introduction to Hypersalience, 92 B.U. L. Rev. 1307 (2012)): [S]alience recently has become a hot topic in tax scholarship…. Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
Katherine Pratt (Loyola-L.A.), A Constructive Critique of Public Health Arguments for Anti-Obesity Soda Taxes and Food Taxes, 87 Tul. L. Rev. 73 (2012): This Article constructively critiques the two arguments that public health advocates have made in support of anti-obesity soda taxes or junk food taxes. Part II discusses and… Go to Source Author: Paul [...]
- Problem with line forces Lynx to run shuttle buses into uptown May 19, 2013
- Bigger push on Kansas judiciary selection coming May 19, 2013
- Royals should inspire as much hope as cynicism May 19, 2013
- When Life Doesn’t Go As Planned: Part 1: Persevere with Dr. James Perdue & Be Prepared on Insurance Needs with George Patterson May 19, 2013
- Charlotte looks to airport rail yard as engine for growth May 19, 2013
- The art of dining: Beautiful, inspiring eats in Kansas City May 19, 2013
- Euro: Bundesbank verteidigt Cent-Münzen May 19, 2013
- Russisch-amerikanische Initiative: Assad gibt Friedensgesprächen keine Chance May 19, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- 4th Annual AASU Scholarship Dinner March 1, 2012
- Jameson Donaghy: 16 is legal in Kansas, but this is a sodomy charge...
- Cody Travis: I am sure this new agreement will be beneficial fo...
- The Quality Race .: http://ebayastore.blogspot.com...
- Edea Krammer: That’s ok atleast they are not that harmful like...
- Siddharth Mathur: Now days people hire mobile application developers...
- Milton Berger: I think it is my duty to share the experience I ha...
- Valerie Brothers VanBooven: You should visit http://www.HelpforAgingVeterans.c...
- balukh: I wanted to thank you for this worth while read!! ...
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- Coaching & Professional Development
- (200555) Rolling with Seattle's biking execs: Alan Elser of GM Nameplate.
- (200515) New president, downtown store for LaCrosse.
- (200512) Medtronic's Q4 earnings: 3 things to watch.
- (200513) Apple, Senate Panel Gear Up for an Offshore Tax Showdown.
- (200508) Airbus, Boeing, will battle for PR at Paris Air Show.
- (200509) Harley-Davison cuts Kansas City workforce by 140.
- (200495) California adds fewer jobs in April.
- (200496) Melitta upgrades South Jersey facility.
- (200493) HSM names Greulich new vice president of innovation, technology.
- (200494) Seven projects recommended for funding, to create 281 jobs.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray firstname.lastname@example.org