On the surface, the antiquated gravel track and absence of field amenities at Penney High School in Hamilton, Mo., make baffling what blossomed from here earlier this month in Eugene, Ore: Lindsay Vollmer, a sophomore at Kansas whose hometown training …
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Cody Stubbs is playing for North Carolina in the College World Series.
Does the Missouri side of the metropolitan area really have much better high school football talent than Kansas? Or was Missouri’s 36-8 thumping of Kansas last Thursday night in the Country Mart Kansas vs. Missouri All-Star Football Game at Lee’s Summi…
When Fort Osage High School football coach Ryan Schartz started putting together a Missouri all-star squad, he wasn’t sure what was going to happen. Sure, he knew he’d have some talented players, but how would it all come together?
Kansas City hosted the United States deaf women’s national soccer team final training camp before the Deaflympics next month.
Seeing former Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli latch onto a plum television job with NBC Sports’ “Sunday Night Football” coverage got me thinking how many former Chiefs personnel have made it to the big time in broadcasting.
Olathe East came up short in the championship game at the 2013 Chick-fil-A KA-MO Hoops Shootout on Sunday at Shawnee Mission North, but that was small potatoes for the Hawks. Winning a title would have been nice, but the summer is more about coming tog…
The Royals have now won 10 of their last 12 games; that’s an .833 winning percentage–nobody stays that hot throughout a season. Immediately before this streak started, the Royals had lost 15 of 18; that’s a .167 winning percentage–it’s also very unli…
The annual Royals Charities’ Diamond of Dreams event is Thursday and will benefit the University of Kansas Hospital’s neonatal medical home, which offers family-centered, long-term primary care dedicated exclusively to premature babies and those born w…
It was a question that, for all practical purposes, came at Royals manager Ned Yost straight out of left field.
Royals first base coach Rusty Kuntz reconnects with son, Kevin, through baseball.
Fifty years ago on Thursday, the Texans ditched Dallas and morphed into the Kansas City Chiefs, now an incalculably valuable icon of the city, as synonymous with the landscape as barbecue, the Country Club Plaza and jazz. But it took a few indulgences …
Outfielder Jeff Francoeur sure doesn’t sound like a man concerned the clock might be ticking on his time with the Royals.
Want to get away from it all without really leaving the city? Try the hiking trails at Burr Oak Woods or the Parkville Nature Sanctuary.
There are places not far from the fast pace of city life where you can hike into a different world.
Former Milgram Mustangs manager Don Motley will be honored on June 23 at the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
Four Sporting KC players got the chance to test their skills in another sport when they drove some laps on the infield road course at Kansas Speedway.
Inevitably, at some point after every game, the Royals’ starting pitcher will make an extra effort to praise the club’s defense. The most traditional of defensive stats reflect little of this.
The Chiefs have claimed defensive end Austen Lane off waivers from Jacksonville and released defensive tackle Daniel Muir, the team announced Friday.
Sam Mellinger writes that there are some signs that hitting coach George Brett is having a positive effect on the Royals. But really, he says the Royals are winning again because of their outstanding pitching from the starters and the bullpen.
Arizona pitcher Ian Kennedy has been suspended for 10 games and Diamondbacks infielder Eric Hinske for five for their roles in a brawl this week, while managers Don Mattingly and Kirk Gibson have been given one-game bans.
It’s not every year a major college that orbits Kansas City wins an NCAA championship, or claims three conference titles in major sports, or spends its first year in a new league. But it all happened in 2012-13. The Star’s Blair Kerkhoff has taken time…
LeBron James wanted the responsibility on his powerful shoulders.
Missouri high school all-stars roll over Kansas for third straight win.
George Brett began his new life as the Royals’ hitting coach two weeks ago. He is exactly halfway through a one-month commitment and this seven-game road trip may be the most important time he has with the team. Four games at Tampa Bay, then a flight t…
The most objective voices in sports are the ones with money at stake, like merchants of team gear. Sports apparel stores stock what moves. What better measure of interest?
Johnson County woman lands her fish of a lifetime, a big striped marlin
After months of packing on muscle to gain the attention of Missouri’s coaches, Lee’s Summit West’s Logan Cheadle, a 5-foot-10 cornerback, became Missouri’s 11th verbal commitment for the Class of 2014 on Thursday. His cousin, actor Don Cheadle of “Ocea…
- (214216) Alcatel-Lucent plans belt-tightening, refinancing of debt. June 19, 2013
- (214213) Seattle startup Tred offers a way to avoid those used-car sales reps. June 19, 2013
- (214214) Aircraft tech company to add 35 jobs in western N.C.. June 19, 2013
- (214215) Eaton wins electrical contract for Sadara complex. June 19, 2013
- (214207) Davis robot-maker raises Kickstarter funds. June 19, 2013
- CMPD chief calls for a ban on assault weapons June 19, 2013
- (214202) Gov. Scott announces new business at Paris Air Show. June 19, 2013
- (214195) Sartorius develops new generation of bioreactor. June 19, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- (200487) For ESCO, good things come in threes. May 17, 2013
- Melissa Heisler: Taking care of your health is first and foremost. ...
- Holly Hicks: Ivor, thank you so much. The founder of ESCO would...
- Holly Hicks: Melissa, thank you for your kind words. We started...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation President Calvin Collins states t...
- Sasi kumar: Paint Booths find application in industry vertical...
- Melissa Heisler: Holly I am so sorry for what you and your husband ...
- Ivor Kellock: Holly this is a terrible story & I am deeply s...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation Senior Vice President Jon Owens -...
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray email@example.com