Have you ever taken a walk? Then in the course of that walk you suddenly tripped. It’s happened to us all right? Well in that moment did you curse your maker and vow to never walk again? Of course not. When out of several hundred steps a single one turns into a stumble it doesn’t [...]
Tag Archives | Author
When Life Doesn’t Go As Planned: Part 1: Persevere with Dr. James Perdue & Be Prepared on Insurance Needs with George Patterson
As heard on Tamara Leigh’s TREND ON with Heidi Feemster, LIVE every Wed. @ 10:00am & available archival via link at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/linkedlocalnetwork/2013/05/15/tamara-leighs-trend-on-with-heidi-james-perdue-edd THIS PAST WEEK on Tamara Leigh’s TREND ON – Engaging Your Audience to TREND ON You! Our guest James Perdue Ed.D. - Motivational / Keynote Speaker & Author, successful Teacher and Coach, and a Quadriplegic shared his message of Inspiration [...]
It’s been said that learning new things keeps the brain young and helps keep life interesting. Well one day last week I mentioned having a taste for German chocolate cake (my favorite), what’s yours? To which Cathy replied, “The box is in the cabinet.” I didn’t realize we already had the ingredients needed to give [...]
My day began yesterday as a typical Sunday. I watched a morning news show and one piece that stuck with me was a discussion about the value of racial profiling when it came to identifying terror suspects. This just didn’t sit right with me. Alas, I carried on with my day. When I discovered how beautiful [...]
I’d be surprised if you weren’t aware of the recent tragedy in Boston, the flooding in the midwest as well as other crisis around the world. With the privilege of a 24 hour drama loving media it is easier than ever to accentuate the negative. I live in a rural area of Illinois and watched [...]
I have a 15 year old son who beats himself up when he doesn’t get straight A’s as he fears it will keep him from getting into a good college and getting a good job. My favorite brother in law flunked out of high school because his undetected A.D.D. made it next to impossible to [...]
“Sometimes in relationships you just have to compromise.” You’ve heard that one before right? I had that conversation with a few parents recently and a pattern emerged. They were describing compromise, frustration and at times exhaustion as they recounted outings with their children that were intended to be enjoyable. As we dug deeper we discovered [...]
My youngest son Connor was showing off his math ability the other day by telling me that 10 + 5 = 15 and so on. My response to Cathy was, “Yep, that’s what my calculator says too.” The reality is that it wasn’t a joke. It’s no secret in my family that my math skills [...]
A NASA SPS-ALPHA space-solar-power design concept (artist’s impression). It would capture power from the Sun and send it to Earth. (Credit: NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts (NIAC) ) A petition to the White House to task the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy to examine space solar power (SSP) as a new energy and [...]
I had an interesting conversation this weekend with a group of parents and educators. We discussed the consequences of parents rescuing their children so much that they raise their children to be helpless. One person remarked that parents need to give themselves permission to allow their children to fail. I took it a step further [...]
By the reckoning of some I am a failure. Why? Simply because I use accommodations in my every day life. I use a Kindle Fire HD to read books to me, and a text to voice feature on my computer to read my email. I take medication for my ADHD without which I’d be mentally [...]
Cam Lemmon interviews Tee Crane, entrepreneur, public speaker, trainer, and author. Tee Crane, is the creator of Science of Spirit Technology, and founder of TCCS. Fridays, 2t 2 p.m. Listen live at - CAM LEMMON interviews TEE CRANE of VERTICAL LIVING SYSTEMS Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – Cam Lemmon talk radio podcast Cam Lemmon Join Cam [...]
Do you know someone who expects you to read his mind and then gets mad at you when you repeatedly fail to do so? Yeah, me too. So what do you do with a person like this? Here’s a quick suggestion. Keep in mind that people in general are socialized to use a lot of [...]
I have been told by many that I have the patience of a saint. I’ll let you in on a secret, it isn’t patience. It is simply one of the most profound strategies for setting boundaries that I’ve ever learned. I learned this strategy in one of my favorite stories about the Buddha. It was [...]
Too often people wait until they receive the approval of a parent, teacher, coworker or friend before allowing themselves to feel that they have done well. This is an unfortunate habit in that it is essentially waiting for permission to feel successful. I suspect we get into this pattern due to the seeking of approval [...]
The moment after you take your first breath you have a past. Then comes the day you begin judging the quality of your experiences. Far too often unfortunately, the judgment made is that more moments than not are remembered as, “Not good enough.” The greatest power we have is the ability to assign whatever meaning [...]
A colleague of mine (Sarah Victory) once said, “I think 10% of the people on the planet were put here just to be offended.” Its amazing how many of my fellow human beings seem to walk around looking for their buttons to be pushed. Do you know anyone like this? I know fewer and fewer [...]
People can be so competitive can’t they? Some always shoving to be first in line. People who want to be right, every single time. These firsts can be pretty lonely. The firsts that really matter Who was the first person you thought of this morning? Was it someone who upsets you, or someone you love? Your [...]
CAM LEMMON – GOT LEMONS? MAKE “LEMMONAIDE” AND IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE AND ROI Cam Lemmon interviews Sharyn Abbott, Author, Speaker, Trainer, and entrepreneur. Friday 02/01/2013 at 10 am (CT) Listen live at - CAM LEMMON interviews Sharyn Abbott Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – Cam Lemmon talk radio podcast Join Cam on Friday morning, February [...]
CAM LEMMON – GOT LEMONS? MAKE “LEMMONAIDE” AND IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE AND ROI Cam Lemmon interviews Tee Crane, entrepreneur, public speaker, trainer, and author. Tee Crane, is the creator of Science of Spirit Technology, and founder of TCCS. Friday 01/25/2013 at 10 am (CT) Listen live at – CAM LEMMON interviews TEE CRANE of VERTICAL [...]
Have you noticed the various pictures posted around the internet with themes of unconditional acceptance? Pictures that include statements such as “Accept me exactly the way I am” or “I’m perfect just the way I am.” Depending on how you read those statements they can be taken to mean at least one of three things: [...]
Small Business Building with Dr. Pete from Boston Leader’s Number One Responsibility is to Make Other Leaders! Listen at – Leaders Number One Responsibility with Dr. Pete from Boston Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – Small Business Building with Dr. Pete from Boston By – Mike Boehler Join Dr. Pete, Friday, 01/18/13 at 11:30 am, [...]
Small Business Building with Dr. Pete from Boston (OBE) Outcome-Based Education – Business Rediscovery!! Listen at – Business Rediscovery with Dr Pete from Boston Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – Small Business Building with Dr. Pete from Boston By – Mike Boehler Join Dr. Pete, Friday, 01/11/13 at 11:30 am, as he discusses Today’s Business [...]
CAM LEMMON – GOT LEMONS? MAKE “LEMMONAIDE” AND IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE AND ROI Cam Lemmon interviews David Breslow, who blends his direct experience as a Performance Coach, Athlete, Corporate Trainer, Health Professional, Author and Actor to create an approach that is The Straightest Line From Where You Are–To Where You Want To Be. It’s called, “Wired to [...]
CAM LEMMON – GOT LEMONS? MAKE “LEMMONAIDE” AND IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE AND ROI Cam Lemmon interviews entrepreneur, business expert, and international author Sam Silverstein whose battle cry of “No More Excuses” has been heard by companies and business professionals the world over. Friday 01/11/2013 at 10 am (CT) Listen live at - Cam Lemmon interviews Sam [...]
Small Business Building with Dr. Pete from Boston Welcome to 2013 – 2013 is The Chinese Year of the Snake Listen at – 2013 Chinese Year of the Snake – with Dr. Pete from Boston Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – Small Business Building with Dr. Pete from Boston By – Mike Boehler Join Dr. Pete, [...]
Small Business Building with Dr. Pete from Boston “STEM Fields” Talent Shortage. Listen at – STEM Education with Dr Pete from Boston Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – Small Business Building with Dr. Pete from Boston By – Mike Boehler Join Dr. Pete, Friday, 12/28 at 11:30 am, as he discusses “STEM Fields” Talent Shortage; [...]
- Tim Shields makes it two straight at Lakeside Speedway May 25, 2013
- Gandview police seek suspect in abduction May 25, 2013
- 7 injured as cargo trains collide, hit overpass in southeast Missouri May 25, 2013
- LSS Man and Woman of the Year May 25, 2013
- Suprising KU one win from Big 12 baseball championship May 25, 2013
- Kansas City Chorale offers beauty, comfort for Memorial Day May 25, 2013
- Strawberry season, albeit too short, is upon us May 25, 2013
- Bass im Jazz: Befreiung der Begleitmusiker May 25, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- (200487) For ESCO, good things come in threes. May 17, 2013
- Melissa Heisler: Taking care of your health is first and foremost. ...
- Holly Hicks: Ivor, thank you so much. The founder of ESCO would...
- Holly Hicks: Melissa, thank you for your kind words. We started...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation President Calvin Collins states t...
- Sasi kumar: Paint Booths find application in industry vertical...
- Melissa Heisler: Holly I am so sorry for what you and your husband ...
- Ivor Kellock: Holly this is a terrible story & I am deeply s...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation Senior Vice President Jon Owens -...
- "Personal Presence: How to Get It" with Catherine Johns on Blog Talk Radio
- Generational Change in the Family Business
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- (203226) World's largest glass manufacturer opens Cupertino office.
- (203224) Boeing, suppliers work around that Skagit bridge collapse.
- (203225) Pro-Tesla Motors bill dies in Texas House.
- (203219) 'Bailey Bridge' could be short-term fix for collapsed Skagit River span.
- (203207) Florida would provide parts to U.S.-produced Apple computer line.
- (203202) The Busines Journal on WFDD: Davidson Co. moves on.
- (203197) Smells like special session at Texas Capitol.
- (203198) 4 startups totally screwed if bridges keep collapsing and roads disappear.
- (203199) Pro-Tesla Motors bill dies in Texas House.
- (203194) Smells like special session at Texas Capitol.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray email@example.com