I’m obsessed with the Chicago Cubs baseball team. This statement might seem odd since I’ve never seen them play and I don’t follow sports. Technically, it’s not the game that fascinates me, it’s the curse. In the 1934, tavern owner Billy Sianis adopted a baby goat (Murphy) that fell off a truck in front of [...]
Tag Archives | chicago
Soon the East Coast is going to be overrun with billions of 17-year cicadas. It’s a colossal event of biblical proportions. I know, because the western suburbs of Chicago went through the same thing 5 years ago. It’s one of the most fascinating experiences of my life. Normally, I’m squeamish about being outnumbered by creatures [...]
Fractured Cliché: Ignoring the white elephant in the room Correct Cliché: Ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room To me there’s little material difference between these clichés. Imagine a white elephant or an 800-pound gorilla. Either would be hard to ignore. Something else that would be hard to ignore is two football fields, adjacent to [...]
Segueway to Success Listen at – “Professional Development – Segueway to Success” Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – “Segueway to Success” talk radio podcast By: Brent Hamachek and Tom Kuchan Our “Segueway to Success” show, talking about our blog, airs each Wednesday at 15:00 CST. Find this week’s show and the archives on our web site: [...]
CHICAGO (CBS) – A 28-year-old man has been charged with killing and robbing a cab driver in the Princeton Park neighborhood last week. Eric Taylor, of the 8500 block of South Parnell Avenue, has been charged with one count each of first-degree murder and armed robbery with a firearm, police said. On March 14, a [...]
A French man impersonating a pilot was arrested at Philadelphia International Airport on Wednesday night after boarding a U.S. Airways flight scheduled to fly to West Palm Beach, Photo Credit: Philadelphia Police Go to Source Author:
Thanks to what scientists have dubbed the “best map ever of the universe,” NASA now believes the universe is expanding slower than previously thought and is nearly 100 million years older than previous estimates… Photo Credit: ESA and the Planck Collaboration Go to Source Author:
CHICAGO (STMW) – A 58-year-old woman was killed by a hit-and-run driver while she was walking in the Southwest Side Brighton Park neighborhood Thursday night, authorities said. Ida Quintanilla was struck by a dark-colored SUV in the 4500 block of South Archer Avenue about 8:40 p.m., police said. The driver of the SUV fled the [...]
MORRIS, Ill. (STMW) – Police are looking for three men who robbed a southwest suburban Morris cell phone store Monday. At 5:43 p.m. three men entered the Sprint store in the 1400 block of Division Street and showed a gun to an employee, Police Chief Brent Dite said. The trio left after taking merchandise. No [...]
BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (STMW) – Police say an Aurora teen forced his way into a girl’s southwest suburban Bolingbrook house to sexually assault her last summer. Zachary M. Holland, 18, turned himself in last week, after police obtained a warrant charging him with home invasion and aggravated criminal sexual assault for the July 30, 2012 incident, [...]
CARPENTERSVILLE, Ill. (STMW) – Jerry Wolf was driving a truck full of cattle in Colorado when his mother called from Carpentersville. She’d just read a story about the Kane County Coroner’s Office trying to connect families with about 50 unclaimed cremated remains that had been lying in storage for years. And the name of his [...]
CHICAGO (CBS) – An off-duty CTA employee was arrested in the Back of the Yards neighborhood overnight, on suspicion of drunk driving, after crashing into an ambulance carrying a patient to the hospital. Around 12:30 a.m. Thursday, a Chicago Fire Department ambulance was transporting a patient and a family member to the University of Illinois [...]
(AP) – Natura Pet Products is recalling an assortment of its dog, cat and ferret foods because they may be contaminated with salmonella bacteria. The Fremont, Neb.-based company said Tuesday that no illnesses have been linked to its products, but the tests by Michigan officials confirmed salmonella in its products. Salmonella can affect both pets [...]
CHICAGO (STMW) – Three men were arrested after police caught them burglarizing a residence in the Roscoe Village neighborhood Tuesday morning. Chicago residents Tyrone Donald, 22, and Cory Durr, 31, as well as 31-year-old Michael Stephens of Waukegan were each charged with 2 counts of residential burglary, police said. Police responding to a report of [...]
Three rare maleo chicks have hatched at the Bronx Zoo in New York, making the zoo one of just two places in the world where the endangered birds can be found. The other is their native home on… Go to Source Author:
CHICAGO (STMW) – Police are asking for help identifying a deceased middle-aged woman who was recently found in an Andersonville driveway. Police described the woman, believed to be about 60, as “well-manicured” with dyed-brown hair and teeth that have undergone dental work. She was discovered in a driveway in the 5400 block of North Ashland [...]
- Here’s an eye-opener: Data show the K is a hitter’s park May 22, 2013
- Oklahoma couple gave many shelter from the storm May 22, 2013
- Former D.C. schools chief is still a lightning rod in education May 22, 2013
- (202316) Steel Strong, Aluminum Steady in April Shipments. May 22, 2013
- Hope stays afloat for Truman yacht repairs May 22, 2013
- Fitting end to a dismal trip: Royals and Shields lose 3-1 to Astros May 22, 2013
- Jayhawks’ Kuntz hoping for a big finish at Big 12 tourney May 22, 2013
- (202260) Insitu to start building robot aircraft for Navy and Marines. May 22, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- (200487) For ESCO, good things come in threes. May 17, 2013
- Melissa Heisler: Taking care of your health is first and foremost. ...
- Holly Hicks: Ivor, thank you so much. The founder of ESCO would...
- Holly Hicks: Melissa, thank you for your kind words. We started...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation President Calvin Collins states t...
- Sasi kumar: Paint Booths find application in industry vertical...
- Melissa Heisler: Holly I am so sorry for what you and your husband ...
- Ivor Kellock: Holly this is a terrible story & I am deeply s...
- Holly Hicks: ESCO Corporation Senior Vice President Jon Owens -...
- Generational Change in the Family Business
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- (202316) Steel Strong, Aluminum Steady in April Shipments.
- (202260) Insitu to start building robot aircraft for Navy and Marines.
- (202259) Del Monte Foods to buy Natural Balance Pet Foods.
- (202237) US Report Urges Action on 'Unprecedented' IP Theft.
- (202233) Hewlett-Packard's Q2 Profit Slumps Amid Global Downturn in PC Sales.
- (202215) Boeing to start assembling Air Force tanker June 26.
- (202228) Generic Drug Manufacturer Ranbaxy Spends $300 Million to Improve Safety.
- (202211) Michael Kamdar named president of Hawaii-based Cellana Inc..
- (202212) PPG Industries adjusts what its Polish factories make.
- (202210) GE Forecasts $6.7 Billion in Acquisitions by Year's End.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray email@example.com