Arlington Heights and Education Hubs Launch HandsOn Suburban Chicago (HOSC) and Linked Local Network (LLN), as part of the Community Hub Network, have collaborated to launch two new websites focusing on Arlington Heights and Education. The sites will be previewed on May 1st at 8:30 am at the Forest View Education Center Theater in Arlington [...]
Tag Archives | HandsOn Suburban Chicago
LLN Reports on The Rev. Larry Bullock, President of Roosevelt University Alumni Association and of the University’s Northwest Suburban Alumni Chapter and Pastor of Living Faith Cathedral Worship Center Church in Hoffman Estates. Thursday 02/07/13 at 2 pm Listen at - LLN Reports on Rev. Larry Bullock and Serenity House Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – [...]
LLN Reports on Jane Stephen, Director of Prevention Programs and Kim Stobbe, LCSW and Clinical Director for the Society for the Preservation of Human Dignity in Inverness. Thursday 01/31/13 at 3 pm Listen at - LLN Reports on PHD-Society for Preservation of Human Dignity Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – Linked Local Network Reports Show talk radio [...]
LLN Reports on Laura Warren of Clearbrook Thursday, 01/03/13 at 3 pm. Listen at - LLN Reports on Clearbrook with Lauren Warren Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – Linked Local Network Reports Show talk radio podcast Join Mike Boehler and Marie Lazzara as they interview Laura Warren, Director of Marketing for Clearbrook, an Arlington Heights-based [...]
LLN Reports on Little City Foundation with Shawn E. Jeffers Thursday, 01/10 at 3 pm. Listen at - LLN Reports on Little City with Shawn Jeffers Previous Archived Shows - On Demand – Linked Local Network Reports Show talk radio podcast Join Mike Boehler and Marie Lazzara as they interview Shawn E. Jeffers, Executive Director of [...]
LLN Reports on Non-Profit Volunteering w/Chris Smith of HandsOn Suburban Chicago Mike Boehler and Michele Rempel will interview Chris Smith of HandsOn Suburban Chicago. Chris joined Handson Chicago as the COO in July, 2007 after a 21 yr career at the Chicago Tribune Co. HandsOn Suburban Chicago (HOSC) is committed to mobilizing the compassion of [...]
Calling all Youth Leaders! National Conference on Volunteering held at Chicago’s McCormick Place, June 17th
Calling all Youth Leaders! As part of the National Conference on Volunteering held at Chicago’s McCormick Place, Points of Light, generationOn and HandsOn Suburban Chicago are encouraging youth leaders to get involved in volunteering. There are two opportunities for youth to participate. The first is the Youth Summit which is held on Sunday June 17th [...]
A Billion + Change, a growing national campaign to mobilize billions of dollars of pro bono and skills-based volunteer services from corporate America, announced today that 100 companies have pledged to create or expand a skills-based volunteer program in their workplace. In just six months, these companies have pledged a combined total of $1.7 billion [...]
HandsOn Suburban Chicago, in conjunction with Hanover Township’s Open Gym program, provided five District U-46 schools with environmental messages and fun activities for the student participants. Each afternoon between May 7th and May 11th, the program was offered to a different environment site. Over 200 students enthusiastically participated at Bartlett Elementary (Bartlett) Oak Hill (Streamwood) Laurel [...]
HandsOn Suburban Chicago (HOSC) plans special volunteer opportunities that are tailored to corporations’ key corporate social responsibility (CSR) focus areas. HOSC is currently working to support Zurich in its “100 Ways to Serve” initiative. In celebration of Zurich’s Global Community Week, Earth Day and Global Youth Service Day (April 20-22), 16 employee volunteers from Zurich [...]
On April 10th, ground was broken at London Middle School in Community Consolidate District 21 for a school vegetable garden. A total of 69 volunteers, 19 community volunteers, staff and parents plus 50 students built four raised vegetable beds in the school’s interior courtyard. The Wheeling Garden Club also participated and provided planning resources [...]
HandsOn Suburban Chicago , located in Arlington Heights, Illinois is working in conjunction with School District 21 in Wheeling, Illinois to initiate two garden projects that address the environment and hunger. Ground breaking began on April 10th at Jack London Middle School located in Wheeling. The first phase of the project involves building four raised [...]
- NHRA buzz | Force sets Funny Car track record at Heartland Park May 18, 2013
- Party bus was operating illegally at time of fatal fall May 18, 2013
- Leawood man killed in Douglas County wreck May 18, 2013
- Is this variant of the Royals true blue or something less? May 18, 2013
- Marathon bombing victim Nicole Gross comes home May 18, 2013
- Hostess unions, the bell Ding Dongs for thee May 18, 2013
- To blame or not, Obama set the stage for scandals May 18, 2013
- KC improves basic services, but more progress is needed May 18, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- 4th Annual AASU Scholarship Dinner March 1, 2012
- Jameson Donaghy: 16 is legal in Kansas, but this is a sodomy charge...
- Cody Travis: I am sure this new agreement will be beneficial fo...
- The Quality Race .: http://ebayastore.blogspot.com...
- Edea Krammer: That’s ok atleast they are not that harmful like...
- Siddharth Mathur: Now days people hire mobile application developers...
- Milton Berger: I think it is my duty to share the experience I ha...
- Valerie Brothers VanBooven: You should visit http://www.HelpforAgingVeterans.c...
- balukh: I wanted to thank you for this worth while read!! ...
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- Coaching & Professional Development
- (200555) Rolling with Seattle's biking execs: Alan Elser of GM Nameplate.
- (200515) New president, downtown store for LaCrosse.
- (200512) Medtronic's Q4 earnings: 3 things to watch.
- (200513) Apple, Senate Panel Gear Up for an Offshore Tax Showdown.
- (200508) Airbus, Boeing, will battle for PR at Paris Air Show.
- (200509) Harley-Davison cuts Kansas City workforce by 140.
- (200495) California adds fewer jobs in April.
- (200496) Melitta upgrades South Jersey facility.
- (200493) HSM names Greulich new vice president of innovation, technology.
- (200494) Seven projects recommended for funding, to create 281 jobs.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray email@example.com