The Empowerment Show – Be uplifted and inspired by personal stories of empowerment. Each week brings new stories of courage, support, and overcoming challenges.
How do you become empowered? Discover new personal choices from inspiring and practical guides. How can their personal stories can inspire you?
Melissa interviews guests from around the world uncovering their journey to empowerment. What did they overcome? How did they find the courage, determination, the stamina? How do they now empower others?
Melissa’s guests come from the world of entertainment, business, government, health and the wider world; wherever individuals are needing, teaching, and inspiring empowerment.
Listen live Tuesday nights at 6pm CST or to archived shows below anytime to receive information, inspiration, and an ability and desire to make changes in your life and the lives of others.
Our next shows are:
November 5, 2013: Learn how to go from stuck to unstoppable when Rae Luskin joins The Empowerment Show.
November 12, 2013: Learn about women’s achievements that have been lost over the years as Barbara Joan Zeitz talks to us about her new book, From Cherry Blossoms to Cell Phones on The Empowerment Show.
November 19, 2013: Has once inspiring work become stale? Are you in career transition? Listen in for help & guidance from Rikk Hansen on The Empowerment Show.
Melissa Heisler of It’s My Life, Inc. helps individuals find joy, balance, empowerment, and success in their work and home lives. For employees, she educates and instills work-life balance, career exploration, and job transition. For business owners, she assists in start-up, growth, and day-to-day survival using 15 years of product and brand marketing experience. Melissa’s own experiences allow her to be compassionate and understanding as you make your journey, and her drive and organizational skills will help keep you on your path. She holds a degree in Theatre Arts, a Masters in Integrated Marketing Communications, and is a Certified Martha Beck Life Coach, so whether you come from the left brain world of business or have a creative right brain she can speak your language. Melissa Heisler is a contributor for Women’s Ally a subscription-based community of support for professional women to manage career and life, and a contributing author for the books, Be There Now and Defining Moments. Melissa speaks to large and small groups and has appeared on local television. Read her inspirational and thought-provoking blogs.
Empowerment Show Episodes:
- Empowering Those with Disabilities – Debra Ruh (12/11/2013) -
Debra knew that her daughter Sara was bound for great things. But no one else seemed to agree. Not the doctors who said she would never speak or walk. Not her teachers who thought her best hope was becoming a bagger at a supermarket. Debra and Sara knew differently and now Sara in her 20’s hs been named one of the Top 40 Under 40 in Richmond Virginia and has spoken to groups around the ...Read more...
- Hardwiring Happiness with Dr. Rick Hanson on The Empowerment Show (12/4/2013) -
Buddha’s Brain by Dr. Rick Hanson is one of the books that changed my life. In this book Dr. Hanson provided concrete scientific proof that we can improve our experiences by retraining our brain. The concept of neuroplasticity was instrumental in changing my life and the lives of my clients. In Buddha’s Brain, Dr. Hanson explores the plasticity of the brain and how religious, spiritual and ancient practices of meditation and pray affect how the ...Read more...
- 2013 Holiday Special (12/3/2013) -
My Gift to You In the spirit of the holiday and to show my gratitude to all my wonderful clients and supporters, I would like to offer new and existing clients a special offer. Start the new year right with a focus on you, your development, and your joy. For a limited time, you can receive the four (4) session package for the six (6) session package per session price. That means you can receive ...Read more...
- Harnessing the Power of Gratitude-Intention-Affirmation (GIA) (12/3/2013) -
Recently I have been guided to increase, revise and recommit myself to my morning routine. My practice was slacking a bit and it seemed to be missing some important elements. Here is my current, recommitted routine. Every morning for years now, I read the Daily Guide in Science of Mind magazine. I always find these short articles to be thought provoking. The messages usually help me start my day with compassion, understanding, and hope. A ...Read more...
- Overcoming Challenges with a Fighting Spirit – Paul Delger on The Empowerment Show (11/27/2013) -
Sometimes our challenges seem insurmountable. Between a tyrannical boss, needy children, and inattentive spouse we feel like we have daily battles to fight. However these are all external battles. What if our battle was with our own body? Imagine being born with cerebral palsy and being restricted in the use of the right side of your body. Imagine the physical challenges that would come from that ailment. Then imagine the social stigma, especially as a ...Read more...
- Light Up a Room – Authentically: Catherine Johns on The Empowerment Show (11/20/2013) -
We all know someone with charisma pouring out of every pore. The moment they walk into the room, their energy and presence are immediately felt by everyone. They walk the earth with a spotlight on them at all times. Then there are the rest of us. The introverts, those of us that are shy, the wallflowers, individuals with deep understanding, compassion, and connection but on a one to one level. Obviously public speaking comes easily ...Read more...
- Finding the Cause (11/19/2013) - Seems like there is a new trend I am experiencing. Being a guest on radio shows gives me a chance to talk about my latest personal lessons and the subsequent gifts I can share with others. Earlier this month I wrote about how recovering from burnout is an inside job after appearing on the On Purpose Radio Show. Last week I was a guest on Savvy You and had the opportunity to outline the warning ...Read more...
- It’s An Inside Job (11/5/2013) -
“You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.” – Jim Rohn. I love irony. Last month I was interviewed on the On Purpose radio show. My segment was called, “Take Back Your Life: From Burnout to True Balance.” We talked about my personal transition five years ago from burnout to a true balanced life. The joke was, during the interview, I ...Read more...
- The Reluctant Leader – From Stuck to Unstoppable (10/30/2013) -
From an early age Rae Luskin allowed her life story to be written by someone else. All she heard and believed where what her family, society, and the media told her: “Don’t aim too high.” “Be happy you have a job.” “You can’t be too thin.” “Don’t tell anyone you were abused.” “You have the perfect life, you should be happy.” After years and years believing someone else’s truth, Rae finally decided to write her ...Read more...
- Between Doors – Uncovering What’s Next in a Mid-Life Career Crisis (10/21/2013) - There are so many wise old sayings out there that are powerful – and that can also trigger many of my clients. One of them is when one door closes another door opens. It is a true statement. It can be a powerful to believe. It can give hope. It can also be angering when […]
- HerStory – Barbara Joan Zeitz records women’s history (10/21/2013) - Each time a girl opens a book and reads a womanless history, she learns she is worth less. – Myra Pollack Sadker As I was browsing The National Women’s History Project website, I ran across this quote. It was so powerful to me – especially in light of the incredible story of Mala Yousafzai. Mala […]
- The Reluctant Leader – From Stuck to Unstoppable (10/21/2013) - From an early age Rae Luskin allowed her life story to be written by someone else. All she heard and believed where what her family, society, and the media told her: “Don’t aim too high.” “Be happy you have a job.” “You can’t be too thin.” “Don’t tell anyone you were abused.” “You have the […]
- Supporting Women Business Owners (10/21/2013) - More and more women are taking the leap and starting their own business. It could be a brand new idea, a franchise, a direct sales business, or some other configuration but women are stepping out from the “My Girl Friday” role and into being their own boss. It is amazingly powerful and inspirational to watch […]
- Wellness versus Illness – Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Day on The Empowerment Show (10/4/2013) - Back in the day, Oriental doctors were only paid when their patients were well. Individuals would come to the doctor on a regular schedule to receive acupuncture and herbs to help them maintain their health. If they fell ill, the doctor would then work for free until the patient was well again. What a different […]
- From the Ashes (10/2/2013) - “From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.” - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring For those who know me, they know my story of a physically illness being the catalyst to my path […]
- No Time for Tears: Moving forward from the pain of abuse (9/25/2013) - On The Empowerment Show I like to keep the stories positive and helpful. But life is not always positive. Many of us have suffered amazing amounts of pain, suffering and abuse. That is unfortunately Stacey Giovanni’s story. Stacey is the survivor of childhood abuse, sexual assault, and domestic violence. At a tender age of 15 […]
- Personal Branding (9/17/2013) - This week I had the honor of working with a local networking group. Together we uncovered the group’s personal brand. There are so many networking groups out there, this group wanted to stand out. They wanted to really promote what made them special. The key to finding what made them special was getting to the […]
- Financial Self-Care (9/10/2013) - Women are known for taking care of others. Our biology is based on bringing others into the world and nurturing them. There is such a blessing to that experience. Whether it is our own children or raising a child for another, it is an amazing experience and responsibility to care for another. However the frequent […]
- The Power of Education for Environmental Projects with Nancy Pearlman on The Empowerment Show (9/5/2013) - My first conscious memory that we had a responsibility to the environment was in the form of two public service announcements. The first was a Native American crying by the side of the highway telling me not to litter. The other was Smokey the Bear telling me that, “Only you can prevent forest fires.” Obviously […]
- Importance of Sustainable Food (8/27/2013) - “There are roughly the same number of Americans who are obese as those who don’t know where their next meal will come from.” Kimberly Burnham said that and it blew my mind. Obesity is the result of a wealthy culture who can indulge in opulent meals. But the United States’ obesity problem is also the […]