Staff Chicago Business Journal
Insurer CNA Financial Corp. said its quarterly profits were boosted by improved underwriting results while auto parts maker Tenneco Inc. reported a 80 percent jump in profits.Earnings at Chicago-based CNA Financial (NYSE: CNA), which is owned by New York-based…
Staff Chicago Business Journal
From Baker University to Yankees pinstripes, Vidal Nuno’s rise through baseball has been rapid and improbable. On Saturday, Nuno became the second player in Baker’s history to wear a major-league uniform in a game.
The Topeka-based company said it earned a lower spread between the interest it earns on loans and securities and the rate it pays on deposits and other funding.
Gary Donaldson took home twice the pay for winning the Grand National division race at Lakeside Speedway when it was determined the previously rained-out race would be combined with Sunday’s event.
The announcement wasn’t exactly a bombshell: Prior to February, Orr had said a dedicated airport authority would be able to run the airport more effectively.
Lenexa police are looking for a man who robbed a convenience store early Monday after allegedly trying to hold up another one moments earlier.
EnlargeBob Wilson will be vice president, international division at Intelligrated.Bob Wilson is the new vice president, international division at Intelligrated, the automated material handling solutions provider announced Monday.Wilson will be responsi…
EnlargeGillette is parting ways with BBDO after an 80-year partnership.After a nearly 80-year relationship with BBDO, Procter & Gamble Co. moved its Gillette men’s grooming business to Grey Global Group, Ad Age reports.P&G began a review of BBDO’s work with Gillette in September focused on
EnlargepressureUAConsumer spending in the U.S. rose 0.2 percent in March to mark the smallest increase since December.Consumer spending in the U.S. rose 0.2 percent in March to mark the smallest increase since December, providing more evidence that the…
Followers of manufacturing in Kentucky have long been abuzz about the prospect of inshoring the moving of operations from locations abroad to the United States bringing new jobs to the state.We’ve seen it in Louisville a bit, as General Electric Co.
EnlargeFile photoCessna Aircraft Co. is trimming its work force, but its hoping to make most of the reductions its sees as necessary through “voluntary means.”Cessna Aircraft Co. is trimming its work force, but it’s hoping to make most of the reduction…
EnlargeForemost Farms USA is consolidating production from two plants in western Wisconsin to other facilities in the state, resulting in the loss of 102 jobs.Foremost Farms USA of Baraboo said that it is shutting down production at its cheese plants in Alma Center and Waumandee in a consolidation
Jetzt ist die Zulassung endgültig weg: Weil er einem Patienten ohne dessen Zustimmung 20 Zähne zog, hatte ein Zahnarzt seine Approbation verloren – reichte dagegen aber Klage ein. Das Gericht bestätigte nun das Urteil: Der Mediziner habe sich als unwürdig erwiesen.
I never thought losing my smartphone to the porcelain god would give me withdrawals.I recently attended a concert in Madison, WI. I placed my phone in my back pocket to avoid carrying a purse and to have it easily accessible when I wanted to update my …
Apr 29, 2013, 11:28am PDTView SlideshowEthiopian Airlines photoEthiopian Airlines will be returning its four 787s to service.Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner on Saturday carried its first fee-paying passengers since the aircraft went on a three-month worldwide …
NEW YORK (AP) — The rusted metal aircraft part believed to be from one of the hijacked jetliners that slammed into the World Trade Center in the Sept. 11 attacks came from a wing, not landing gear, police said Monday.The 5-foot piece is a trailing edg…
South Korean companies with factories at the site have expressed shock at the sudden pullout.PAJU, South Korea – Most remaining South Korean workers at a troubled joint industrial zonein North Korea returned home early on Tuesday after Seoul ordered a …
- NHRA buzz | Force sets Funny Car track record at Heartland Park May 18, 2013
- Party bus was operating illegally at time of fatal fall May 18, 2013
- Leawood man killed in Douglas County wreck May 18, 2013
- Is this variant of the Royals true blue or something less? May 18, 2013
- Marathon bombing victim Nicole Gross comes home May 18, 2013
- Hostess unions, the bell Ding Dongs for thee May 18, 2013
- To blame or not, Obama set the stage for scandals May 18, 2013
- KC improves basic services, but more progress is needed May 18, 2013
- We want your input June 2, 2010
- Building Business through Social Media March 7, 2012
- Employment Outlook for the Second Quarter 2012 March 13, 2012
- Escaping the Trap of an IRS Tax Debt April 5, 2012
- LLN Reports on the Undercover Angel March 11, 2012
- LLN Reports on Giving Back to the Community by Bruce Glickson March 15, 2012
- The IRS: An Efficient Government Agency? April 9, 2012
- 4th Annual AASU Scholarship Dinner March 1, 2012
- Jameson Donaghy: 16 is legal in Kansas, but this is a sodomy charge...
- Cody Travis: I am sure this new agreement will be beneficial fo...
- The Quality Race .: http://ebayastore.blogspot.com...
- Edea Krammer: That’s ok atleast they are not that harmful like...
- Siddharth Mathur: Now days people hire mobile application developers...
- Milton Berger: I think it is my duty to share the experience I ha...
- Valerie Brothers VanBooven: You should visit http://www.HelpforAgingVeterans.c...
- balukh: I wanted to thank you for this worth while read!! ...
- HA-HA to AH-HA: Humor Lighting the Way to Purpose
- News, Newspapers, and Communities
- Are Women Pro-Creating a Different Work World?
- When Being STUCK is a Good Sign
- "What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?"
- Find Your Voice: From Fear to Fulfillment
- It's Never Too Late
- How to Leave Behind Stress, Tension, & Worry (without leaving your job!)
- Tipping the Marketing Guerilla
- Coaching & Professional Development
- (200555) Rolling with Seattle's biking execs: Alan Elser of GM Nameplate.
- (200515) New president, downtown store for LaCrosse.
- (200512) Medtronic's Q4 earnings: 3 things to watch.
- (200513) Apple, Senate Panel Gear Up for an Offshore Tax Showdown.
- (200508) Airbus, Boeing, will battle for PR at Paris Air Show.
- (200509) Harley-Davison cuts Kansas City workforce by 140.
- (200495) California adds fewer jobs in April.
- (200496) Melitta upgrades South Jersey facility.
- (200493) HSM names Greulich new vice president of innovation, technology.
- (200494) Seven projects recommended for funding, to create 281 jobs.
Ivor Kellock seeks engaging radio hosts.
Listen to the Linked Local Radio network
If you would like to be interviewed on the show, please contact Fred McMurray email@example.com